fookin divvys

Guest Big Guns

Guest Im Right

To be fair I didn't expect a result. Middlesbrough are a good team, well organised and well established. But i worry about our lack of urgency, and we just appear to be too soft. We are making too many basic mistakes. I think it's time to change the 4-1-4-1 formation.

Just really frustrating performance.

Did you expect it not to count tonight, a bit like a pre season friendly where no team gets any points?

Or are you just talking footballshite?

For once BG, I agree.

Meltdown alley on here again, after the best team in the league beat us on their own patch.

acceptable performance? did we go down fighting?did we work them hard for their win? did we do ourselves justice? did we sweat blood for the cause? do you feel proud to be an owl? did the manager embarrass himself in his interview?

losing i can cope with.... the above ^^^^ i cannot

The thing that's weeing me off is that I genuinely didn't see this coming and its so flippingfrustrating. I thought we had left struggles like this behind and that we were back on an upward curve, a boring mid table season would have done me fine, but its goin to be a MASSIVE struggle to stay up now and I think most of us would find a third stint in league 1 too much to stomach

I'm with Big Gums (to give him his proper name) to be honest. Had no illusions about tonight.

Ipswich will improve under McCarthy. That means we need to finish above Peterborough, Bristol, Barnsley and I think Charlton will be in the fight as well. We can do this. It's about the best we can hope for now. Of the fixtures coming up, Forest away / Leicester at home don't really matter, a point in either would be brilliant, but unexpected. We should be looking to get a point at home to Watford. Like tonight - forget Cardiff away. The games to focus on are then other relegation fighters.

8th Dec - home to Bristol

15th Dec - away to Barnsley

22nd Dec - home to Charlton

For the record we weren't that bad tonight in spells but Boro always looked like they had an extra gear.

I didn't expect us to win but I expected Jones to try something different other than changing personnel because it was forced on him. Again, we sat back and allowed the opposition take take the game to us.

We had 10 minutes of that game and Middlesbrough had the rest. Why are we persisting with this line up and formation?

I'm with Big Gums (to give him his proper name) to be honest. Had no illusions about tonight.

Ipswich will improve under McCarthy. That means we need to finish above Peterborough, Bristol, Barnsley and I think Charlton will be in the fight as well. We can do this. It's about the best we can hope for now. Of the fixtures coming up, Forest away / Leicester at home don't really matter, a point in either would be brilliant, but unexpected. We should be looking to get a point at home to Watford. Like tonight - forget Cardiff away. The games to focus on are then other relegation fighters.

8th Dec - home to Bristol

15th Dec - away to Barnsley

22nd Dec - home to Charlton

For the record we weren't that bad tonight in spells but Boro always looked like they had an extra gear.

Charlton pretty much conceded against cardiff didn't they.

No excuses, we need the points so we might as well have a go at these teams

Its not the fact that we lost to the team who has gone top. If we had played with more cohesion at times and not given up after 2-1 then I think there would be more positives to take. But there were many worrying signs.

I just hope we have enough in us to stay up and that we get some more experienced players in to help us. A scary thought, but what if Antonio was to be out for some reason? We'd be toothless.

Positives from tonight were Antonio again and Gary Madine who I thought worked hard and showed his calm finishing.

Guest Big Guns

did anyone expect celtic to beat barca?

Exactly if we beat forest or lester wot a bonus that wud be

Stranger things happen but we don't expect to beat em do we

It's ok saying we expected to lose but it's the way we lost. That performance was absolute dire, no heart, no committment, couldn't pass a ball, and don't start me off with jones's tactics, the man is clueless

Agree with 90%. I dont think its a lack of heart, but confidence is fragile and we are easily beaten mentally. We do seem a bit frightened. DJ needs to address this with experience.