fookin divvys

Guest Big Guns

Guest Im Right

Well that's a bit ironic...

Fancy explaining where you think I've talked compete testicles?

Are you being ironically thick now?

Guest Big Guns

we beat blackpool home and away when they were promoted to the premier league, just saying like.... :tongue:

And burnley I think...

Dunt mean owt tho

It's ok if we've put up a fight or been doing ok / having a decent run.

But we're awful, got out classed by Blackpool at home and have looked shocking for most if the season.

That statement is the problem with some of our fans.....unfortunately Blackpool are a better team than us now.....We were a div one team now finding our feet in a much harder division.

Guest Warren Hobhead

We need to ditch the yellow away shirts, seriously, we are always sh!te with yellow away shirts. Look what happened at Ipswich with the grey away kiy, seriously.

Are we just going to rely on beating the teams in the relegation zone then?

No, but we can't expect to go and beat a very good team either. Away from home.

Expectation is the key thing here. Some folk expect us to rip the league apart...

I didn't expect us to win tonight. But I do expect us to have a good go, and I didn't see that to be honest, and i didnt see it the previous game. I saw sloppy play, and some players being too soft. Frustrating performance, apart from the 10 or 15 mins where we did well, just after we scored.

Really frustrating performances.

Edited by bigdan2003

Did one of you expect owt but a loss tnite really ffs

My problem is that I think we are far better than that.

We signed Palace's and Watford's best players. We have a top drawer keeper. We have Buxton, who we have seen play well at this level. We signed Bothroyd and Barkley - both premiership players and then stole a future star from Rangers. Throw in COG, who started the season on fire, Madine who is good when on form and the improving Antonio and I'm baffled that we find ourselves setup so negatively. Oh and Semedo.

So I don't think I am a divvy for being disappointed with that!!

Edited by fife_owl

Charlton pretty much conceded against cardiff didn't they.

No excuses, we need the points so we might as well have a go at these teams

Fair point, but I think we did have a go tonight, as far as possible. We just never really looked to have enough going forward to worry boro, apart from a brief spell when they (uncharacteristically) gave the ball away.

Its not the fact that we lost to the team who has gone top. If we had played with more cohesion at times and not given up after 2-1 then I think there would be more positives to take. But there were many worrying signs.

I just hope we have enough in us to stay up and that we get some more experienced players in to help us. A scary thought, but what if Antonio was to be out for some reason? We'd be toothless.

Positives from tonight were Antonio again and Gary Madine who I thought worked hard and showed his calm finishing.

Madine did seem to be (slowly!) coming into the game at 1-1. Started showing some nice skill and seemed up for it, sadly few others apart from Antonio seemed to be so we made little else.

Guest Im Right

No, but we can't expect to go and beat a very good team either.

Expectation is the key thing here. Some folk expect us to rip the league apart...

I didn't expect us to win tonight. But I do expect us to have a good go, and I didn't see that to be honest, and i didnt see it the previous game. I saw sloppy play, and some players being too soft. Frustrating performance, apart from the 10 or 15 mins where we did well, just after we scored.

Really frustrating performances.

Thats better!! lol

We are in a mini league of about 6 teams at the bottom of the table fighting to survive. As said we need to win against the others in trouble.

Edited by Fedor

My problem is that I think we are far better than that.

We signed Palace's and Watford's best players. We have a top drawer keeper. We have Buxton, who we have seen play well at this level. We signed Bothroyd and Barkley - both premiership players and then stole a future star from Rangers. Throw in COG, who started the season on fire, Madine who is good when on form and the improving Antonio and I'm baffled that we find ourselves setup so negatively. Oh and Semedo.

So I don't think I am a divvy for being disappointed with that!!

Agree completely with what you say!!

Did one of you expect owt but a loss tnite really ffs

We can't just roll over and expect defeat because they are at top of league. U can't just hope to beat the teams that are worse than us it doesn't give us enough points. Answer me one question if Wigan had adopted this approach of there at top of league so were goin to loose n that's ok would they still be a premiership club ?

Guest Deleted member

Charlton ran away with the division last year - and are also struggling

Those who say we should have kept last years squad together arent living in the real world

This division is miles away in quality from League One - it will take time to adjust and build a squad

People need to get a grip - and be patient

Fair point, but I think we did have a go tonight, as far as possible. We just never really looked to have enough going forward to worry boro, apart from a brief spell when they (uncharacteristically) gave the ball away.

He waited til 3-1 down to put two up top. That's not having a go in my eyes.

We were far too negative. Middlesboros midfield must have thought it was Christmas with the amount of time and space they were given.

The reality is that at the moment the step up has been too great for Buxton, jones, semedo, corry, McCabe, COG, madine and even Antonio at times, throw into that Barkley who is still learning and llera who has been up and down and bothroyd who has not done anything really, it's no wonder we are struggling.

This league in the last season and a half has rapidly turned into an extension of the bottom half of the prem, teams who have come down have done so with little debt and very good players, teams in this league have found sugar daddies. It's shows how well Barnsley have actually done and probably why united went down.

I still believe we will turn it around enough to finish clear of bottom 3 but its going to be close and an uncomfortable ride, changing manager will not change this.