Fickle over-reactions

Why do they happen so often on here?

It's getting embarrassing now - if we are not winning by three clear goals the knives are out.

I would have thought that people calling for Dave Jones' head so early into his first full season in charge would have been shot down very quickly.

Instead, they seem to be in the majority, it's absolutely incredible. People making snidy comments his interviewing style, calling for him to be sacked, stating he's out of his depth. All this just four months after he was hero-worshipped for getting us promoted.

We didn't play well tonight but the way some people go off after we lose a game makes it sound like we're a club in disarray, which is clearly not the case.

You can't win every game.

Bad performances happen.

You will play teams better than you.

poo poo happens.

Wednesday will lose games of football.

Why do they happen so often on here?

It's getting embarrassing now - if we are not winning by three clear goals the knives are out.

I would have thought that people calling for Dave Jones' head so early into his first full season in charge would have been shot down very quickly.

Instead, they seem to be in the majority, it's absolutely incredible. People making snidy comments his interviewing style, calling for him to be sacked, stating he's out of his depth. All this just four months after he was hero-worshipped for getting us promoted.

We didn't play well tonight but the way some people go off after we lose a game makes it sound like we're a club in disarray, which is clearly not the case.

You can't win every game.

Bad performances happen.

You will play teams better than you.

poo poo happens.

Wednesday will lose games of football.

Agree but coming from you after the post you made a few weeks back makes you look stupid mate.

Edited by TaxiMark

It's apparent that those who are calling for his resignation were the ones at the start of the season that had ridiculously mental predictions.

We were never going to be anywhere near promotion material.

long run, not short run.

Edited by Tommo_SWFC

Guest Foxhill Owl

Owlstalk's watching SSN please score blackpool

YESSSSSS !!

Laptop on ,

Search engine [ Owlstalk ]

New thread [ Jones Out Blah Blah flipping Blah ]

Some o our fans are boring .

Guest tha_knows

Why is it fickle? Apart from the first half against Birmingham and Leeds we have been average or poor, our 4 wins have been against other poor teams, play against decent opposition and its a guaranteed defeat, we have no urgency, the amount of times teams like Blackpool, Bolton have come to Hillsborough and had so much time and space with the ball, its criminal, people say "oh we played well, we didn't deserve to lose" well that doesn't bring 3 points to the table, finishing teams off and having that killer instinct does it, do we have that? Have we f!ck! and yea shoot me down all you like but i won't be surprised seeing us returning to League One, Jan is vital, if Jones is to stay in the job then his player recruiting is vital, if he fails after that then I'm afraid its both his and Milan's fault.

Guest Sweet&TenderOwl

Its not just one bad performance its numerous bad performances where we've looked leaky at the back, toothless upfront, not getting stuck in and off the pace.

DJ got us promoted but he finished Megson's work. He's been backed, reshaped the team and we look worse off for it in a tougher league.

The majority of the unbeaten run was last season. Since then we've been awful. Wake up, DJ is clueless without Terry Burton, he's lost the plot and something has to change

or we're going back down. He needs to an up, buck up and give it more of a go and set up the team to win games and not being so defeatist. He makes excuses all the time

and he's constantly calm, yet he's scared of teams in this league the way he sets up the team. We concede far too many and we don't score enough, which only spells dogfight or relegation.

Guest foreverSWFC

Typical Kivo.

After every defeat he starts a threads rallying around the fans or criticising moaning fans.

Wednesday supporters are going to be pissed off after a defeat, deal with it. A lot of stuff will be said in the heat of the moment, if it really winds you up stay of Owlstalk and come back on tomorrow when everyone has calmed down, then have a reasonable debate.

We were poor tonight an it's concerning, from what I've seen of us so far staying up will be an achievement, that should be the aim. DJ is definitely the man, but we shouldn't have been turned over as easily as we were tonight, just not competitive enough.

Are you not allowed to say we played "Sh yte" anymore without being flipping fickle?...Christ that was crap tonight..we got totally outplayed because we set up to simply let them come at us...while not having a hope in hell of having a go back...

OOH the crowds quiet!!...course it flipping is cos Blackpool have had the ball for the last 20 bleedin' minutes....Don't slate Bothroyd...he'll go on fookin' twitter...How in the name of fckwhittery is Bothroyd better than JJ?...he may have done this that an' the other at Cardiff...but he's done nowt up here..yet....to deserve a starting place in front of Johnson..at home....at home when we should be attacking....not setting up to soak it up and hope for a break...and thats what it looked like for long periods tonight...

I'm not shouting for Jones' head...I'm shouting for Wednesday to bloody have a go at home...not just a bleedin' drum bangin' out Tom Tom fookin' music cos we get a throw in...

We were abject tonight...no excuses..we played crap...

two wins in thirteen.

fickle my arse.

its not even just about the results. if you look at the performances (incl Saturday when we won) we have been dreadful. i havent seen much football this season having only missed two games and when you look at how we failed to retain the ball and how many shots we actually had on target then its worrying to say the least.

to hear jones saying that we are learning or that individual errors are costing us is just the cherry on the cake. he can label our players as being naive if he wishes, but its you kivo that is being naive im afraid if you think he will be here come the end of the season. we arent good enough and DJ doesnt seem to have it in his locker to turn things around. two wins against the worst teams in the division dont alter my opinion (and if it did then THAT would make me fickle).

Edited by Salli

People really forget how far we've come. MASSIVE over reactions saying it was a shocking performance, worst ever bla bla. How shorted sited r some people, seen a million times worse in recent years. If we had buried an early chance we'd have win comfy. Simply put our finishing and final ball let us down but we battled, looked a threat. On the balance of the game we shouldn't have lost it. The frustration for me is that it's yet another game we've lost to opposition that are actually no better than us.

The frustration for me is that it's yet another game we've lost to opposition that are actually no better than us.

how long are we going to continue saying that for?

like when laws was in charge..'we will batter someone soon' etc

silly argument. we are poor and im not one for blaming luck or officials.