Fickle over-reactions

I thought all was well in Owlsland?

C'mon, you had just beaten the worst 2 teams in the league, I thought play offs was guaranteed now? When's your next game against a bottom 6 side?

Don't think we play you lot til December ...

Why do they happen so often on here?

It's getting embarrassing now - if we are not winning by three clear goals the knives are out.

I would have thought that people calling for Dave Jones' head so early into his first full season in charge would have been shot down very quickly.

Instead, they seem to be in the majority, it's absolutely incredible. People making snidy comments his interviewing style, calling for him to be sacked, stating he's out of his depth. All this just four months after he was hero-worshipped for getting us promoted.

We didn't play well tonight but the way some people go off after we lose a game makes it sound like we're a club in disarray, which is clearly not the case.

You can't win every game.

Bad performances happen.

You will play teams better than you.

poo poo happens.

Wednesday will lose games of football.

After last night I am genuinely worried. I hope I’m wrong to be worried.

There was no fight, no urgency. And above all there didn't seem to be a plan b.

I'm no football manager, but I’d have put 2 up front for the 2nd half. It was obvious something needed to change in the first half.

I don’t want Jones sacked, and I don’t see any managers out there who are any better. But I do worry for his future at SWFC when I witness performances like that.

Having said that Blackpool are a very good side, established over seasons not weeks.

I thought all was well in Owlsland?

C'mon, you had just beaten the worst 2 teams in the league, I thought play offs was guaranteed now? When's your next game against a bottom 6 side?

Fair play to you SF, Hudds have brought in decent players and are definitely holding their own this year, I would of thought Mid table is assured for you tbh.

Guest Sunflower

Fair play to you SF, Hudds have brought in decent players and are definitely holding their own this year, I would of thought Mid table is assured for you tbh.

we've had some very good wins, and some shockers too like at Millwall & Peterborough. It's all about getting 50 points as soon as possible though. Wednsday will be ok I'm sure.

After last night I am genuinely worried. I hope I’m wrong to be worried.

There was no fight, no urgency. And above all there didn't seem to be a plan b.

I'm no football manager, but I’d have put 2 up front for the 2nd half. It was obvious something needed to change in the first half.

I don’t want Jones sacked, and I don’t see any managers out there who are any better. But I do worry for his future at SWFC when I witness performances like that.

Having said that Blackpool are a very good side, established over seasons not weeks.

totally.

but it isnt just about last night im afraid. it wasnt an exception.

teams are being us without needing to get out of 2nd gear as some have already pointed out. im not necessarily calling for jones to be sacked right now but this cant continue through to the new year. sadly though, right now i cant see our fortunes changing unless there is somebody else installed. MM was vindicated when he axed megson and i think he will be vindicated again when he axes jones in the upcoming weeks. thats football.

Man-screaming-in-bed-surr-007.jpg

To me there didn't seem to be though.

It's 4-5-1 or nothing at the moment. I understand why he started playing 4-5-1, and it worked but in my opinion it's not the answer for all games.

It's a good formation in order to accommodate Barkley & McCabe. But what do you do when there's nowt going on up front. This formation seems to rely heavily on Bothroyd to play out of position, he has played well there...but he's a goal scorer, and probably should be up front.

I hope i'm wrong, i hope it's just one of those things. But like i said, last night is the first time i have been genuinely concerned.