Barkley/Burkley/Borkley/Berkley

Guest JonTheOwl66

I'm getting a Marshall type connection developing.

Which is bad news because he is never in a million years going to be our player. This is why i cannot stand loan deals!

Yes, but on otherside could we really afford someone like Barkley or Bothroyd, the answer is no, therefore the best thing is to get these loan deals sorted. If we hadnt loaned Marshall last season, we may never have got promoted.

Guest Wilf Marshall

There are other players who we could get on loan in Jan from the prem.

Arsenal and Chelsea have a lot that go on loan.

I'm pretty sure Barkley will go back once Moyes sees how he is playing.

McCabe can probably do a good job aswell.

Evertonian here. Watching the updates on our forums, and it sounds like he is settling in for you there.

I'd be more than happy if it turns out to be a season long deal, barring a number of injuries he won't find his place just yet.

(oh and you have been down for too long).

Evertonian here. Watching the updates on our forums, and it sounds like he is settling in for you there.

I'd be more than happy if it turns out to be a season long deal, barring a number of injuries he won't find his place just yet.

Thanks for dropping by

He is no Colin Harvey though . :rolleyes:

Another Evertonian here, I expect unfortunatley for you boys that Ross will be back to cover us over the Christmas period.

We are in form but still have a thin squad and with so many games in a short period it makes sense. Wouldn't be suprised if its until we get a back up or loan in january until the end of the season which Davey usually likes to do examples Landon Donovan, Arteta, Manuel Fernandes and Tim Howard. Then back to Hillsborough to finish the season

Might be wrong!

we have just as good waiting in the wings in young m'cabe if and when barkley returns to Everton ,we won't find it a big loss methinks,

I agree Trev, I'm not saying they're as big a prospect as Barkley, but McCabe and Corry will plug the gap should he in back. But as good as Barkley is, I don't think he's ready for the premier league. It's a step too far for him at this stage in his development

Barkley isn't ready to play for us yet and there is no need to rush him in either. He started a few games early last season after a promising start and after a few glowing reports ,he was withdrawn after making a few mistakes Moyes said it went to his head and has never really featured since, apart from friendly matches and a cup tie.

The lads an obvious talent , however, he lacks a few major attributes that will develop with experience. I don't think his concentration through a full 90 minutes is good enough hence the mistakes and things such as a tackle or strength required to become a top PL player is lacking. The Issues which I believe requires the team to play with supporting midfielders until he has matured, so a straight five across midfield or the lone striker to accomodate him.

Might be wrong he could be playing in a 442, but I doubt it if your getting the best out of him.

Hope he stays with you for the season, big respect to Dave Jones and Sheff wed is a big club which will also benefit Barkley!

COYB

Barkley isn't ready to play for us yet and there is no need to rush him in either. He started a few games early last season after a promising start and after a few glowing reports ,he was withdrawn after making a few mistakes Moyes said it went to his head and has never really featured since, apart from friendly matches and a cup tie.

The lads an obvious talent , however, he lacks a few major attributes that will develop with experience. I don't think his concentration through a full 90 minutes is good enough hence the mistakes and things such as a tackle or strength required to become a top PL player is lacking. The Issues which I believe requires the team to play with supporting midfielders until he has matured, so a straight five across midfield or the lone striker to accomodate him.

Might be wrong he could be playing in a 442, but I doubt it if your getting the best out of him.

Hope he stays with you for the season, big respect to Dave Jones and Sheff wed is a big club which will also benefit Barkley!

COYB

The 5 in midfield is spot on mate. He struggled in a 442 and we've sort of changed our system to accomodate him. Him and us are reaping the benefits tho and hopefully will continue to get better. But you've got a cracking young player on your hands and now he's started to chip in with important goals

I agree Trev, I'm not saying they're as big a prospect as Barkley, but McCabe and Corry will plug the gap should he in back. But as good as Barkley is, I don't think he's ready for the premier league. It's a step too far for him at this stage in his development

Agreed blue,would love the the lad fora season ,but thats in the lap of he gods or Moyes ,tbh though i don't like loans as you get them playing to there best ability then they are gone ,

COYB

He made a few mistakes for us in his first couple of games, such as poor control, mis-placed passes etc. But he's starting to settle in now and really does look quality.

He's been quality for us so far and is getting better and better. It's refreshing to see a player asking for the ball all the time and trying to make things happen as oppose to hiding in games like some of the crap we've seen over the last decade. I'm hoping Everton keep up their good run of form so he's less likely to be needed back there. A season at Hillsborough would be great!

With the 5 we are playing in midfield at the moment though, IF Barkley was to get recalled, I'd be happy with Corry, McCabe and Semedo in there. McCabe plays some excellent through balls and is a great talent too, we'll be lucky to keep him in 2/3 years time if we aren't fighting for promotion imo.

Every Everton game I pray, that a) none of their midfielders get injured and b) they're all top form.

Actually no, forget that.

Everton fans, if you're reading this, Barkley is absolute sh!te and he'll never get in your team so there's no point you having him back. We might as well keep him for you now he's here though, you know, as a favour.

Edited by PeteG_1984