Lines

Guest Foxhill Owl

Guest Foxhill Owl

How much are we missing this kid in midfield ?

We have NO 1 in the squad who is as good in dead ball situations ,

He is the one player we have really missed this year.

Guest Foxhill Owl

Bar his set pieces, he'd get nowhere near our current midfield. Lines will never be Championship quality.

How do you know this ?

A lot of people said the same about Ogrady

Guest Foxhill Owl

what makes everyone think he is our saviour?!

he was average in league 1

How average that he played all season in a printed team ?

How do you know this ?

Maybe true.

From what I saw of him last season he's a neat tidy midfielder, but at times the game completely passes him by, and he'll become totally anonymous and have no presence in the game.

Definitely not the kind of player we want in our midfield right now in my opinion. We need an experienced head that imposes himself on the game, although no idea where we find someone like that.

Maybe true.

From what I saw of him last season he's a neat tidy midfielder, but at times the game completely passes him by, and he'll become totally anonymous and have no presence in the game.

Definitely not the kind of player we want in our midfield right now in my opinion. We need an experienced head that imposes himself on the game, although no idea where we find someone like that.

flippingthis

How do you know this ?

O Grady has done better than expected, but you cant say he's proven himself as championship quality, he made a good start in the first few games, and his effort levels can't be questioned, but ability wise, he does struggle.

As for Lines, I think having him in there would make a difference, mainly because as talented as Corry is, he's making an enormous step up and is still young, Lines has a little more experience and composure on the ball, and I think we need to bring Corry through slowly, especially when the other CM is an 18 year old.

Personally I think we need a genuine enforcer in there, not a scrappy Semedo type, but one who can play football aswell, like Hull have got with Seyi Olofinwhatshisname, but we dont really have one in the squad, so maybe in January that's something we need to look at.

Guest Foxhill Owl

Maybe true.

Like what happens with Antonio , JJ , Madine , Rori ? Not a dig but that happens to everyone at some point

Guest Big Guns

How much are we missing this kid in midfield ?

We have NO 1 in the squad who is as good in dead ball situations ,

He is the one player we have really missed this year.

Not missed him at all ,our midfields good its scoring goals that's the problem now

Bar his set pieces, he'd get nowhere near our current midfield. Lines will never be Championship quality.

i'm finding it hard to remember a better example of 'clutching at straws' than those who are expecting lines to sort this...

IT'S ABOUT TIME TRAINING WAS DOUBLED, AND TREBLED until some c**t in the side can actually land a corner over the front defender...

as for lines in general play, we have way better in there now that aren't cutting it at present...

big guns at times last season was (for me) only slightly over the top with his criticism of lines...

and had we stayed down, he would have been the first player i'd have wanted replacing for this season...

no lines won't change this around, this job isn't for lightweights, and dj has fetched enough of them in as it is...

Like what happens with Antonio , JJ , Madine , Rori ? Not a dig but that happens to everyone at some point

Yeah it does, and has happened to the likes of Antonio and Madine this season so far.

But it happened frequently to Lines last season in L1 against a lot of journeymen. I dread to think what might happen to him against some of the better sides in this division, he might play a whole 90 minutes without a single touch of the ball.