Lines

Guest Foxhill Owl

Barkley - has done ok, nothing more.

Harsh assessment of an 18 year old thrown in at the deep end at a club struggling for results currently there.

Has been a bit of a passenger in some games (Wolves away, Bolton home, off top of my head), but also been outstanding in others. He was my MOTM in Friday's game, for example.

Harsh assessment of an 18 year old thrown in at the deep end at a club struggling for results currently there.

Has been a bit of a passenger in some games (Wolves away, Bolton home, off top of my head), but also been outstanding in others. He was my MOTM in Friday's game, for example.

So he's done ok then, nothing more.

Not knocking his talent (really good against Leeds), but I'm not going to get sucked into the fact that he is the next "wonderkid" when judging his contribution.

Sorry.

Guest Leeswfc3

Bar his set pieces, he'd get nowhere near our current midfield. Lines will never be Championship quality.

Disagree pal, i think before Lines got injured he was one of our most influential players, looked calm on the ball and was playing with confidence.

Guest Leeswfc3

Its right though, do you think he's really stood out?

So he's done ok then, nothing more.

Not knocking his talent (really good against Leeds), but I'm not going to get sucked into the fact that he is the next "wonderkid" when judging his contribution.

Sorry.

Might have misunderstood what you originally posted then. I thought you were implying that all of Barkley's contributions for us have been steady but unspectacular.

Parts of his game appear to be very lacking for this division (taking corners, tackling) as you might expect for a young player still adapting to this level. But the aspects of his game when in possession of the ball have been hugely impressive. He has looked like an established Premier League player at times, rather than a youth prospect. Nowhere near the finished article yet though.

Its right though, do you think he's really stood out?

As I posted earlier, he was my MOTM in Friday's game. So, yea.