Lines

Guest Foxhill Owl

I was a big fan of Lines last season. He has yet to prove he can make the step up. I believe that he will be a decent player at this level and there will still be those who can't see it.

I would be surprised if he became one of the first names on the team sheet. I would be pleased if he did.

Personally I think we need a genuine enforcer in there, not a scrappy Semedo type, but one who can play football aswell, like Hull have got with Seyi Olofinwhatshisname, but we dont really have one in the squad, so maybe in January that's something we need to look at.

THIS is exactly what the team needs/ what Barkley/Corry need alongside them. Trouble is, quality players like this are hard to come by..

what you say is 100% true...

but cog has been the best of what appears to be an idequate bunch...

AND NON OF THEM HAVE BEEN GOOD ENOUGH...

I agree. This is EXACTLY what's worrying. We've not won in 10 games either. As i said earlier, desperate times.

i know cog isnt the saviour either but hes our best option upfront yet hes been dropped...... again

It's Reda were missing not lines he's the only one who scores regular..

isnt he still our 2nd top goalscorer

lol

Edited by Sam19

And that highlights the main problem we have at the moment, we cant score goals because our slightly mental left back is missing, that can't be right.

lines is playing for u21s at weekend against barnsley

Excellent news.

Guest Foxhill Owl

Funny how these players who are out of the team for whatever reason are missed so much. Who next? Prutton or Reynolds (who incidentally must be a better player than Daniel Jones)

Yeah cuz prutton and Reynolds played a big part in our promotion last year

Guest Foxhill Owl

And that highlights the main problem we have at the moment, we cant score goals because our slightly mental left back is missing, that can't be right.

Excellent news.

Last year from set-pieces I was confident we would hit the target or score a goal I don't get the same feeling anymore , when Reda isn't in the starting 11 we don't look dangerous at all

Last year from set-pieces I was confident we would hit the target or score a goal I don't get the same feeling anymore , when Reda isn't in the starting 11 we don't look dangerous at all

Dont get me wrong i'm not saying it isnt true, I'm just saying its not right.

The delivery isnt good enough and when the ball does reach the box, we dont look threatening without Reda in there, another problem we had yesterday and not for the first time, we were chasing a game in the last 15 minutes and when we did get these free kicks near the box, we had 4 of our players outside the box, 3 of them were back near half way, its at that stage that I think Semedo needs to come off and we need to get another forward on, pack the penalty area and leave Daniel Jones back on half way on his own.

Its almost as if we are defending a 1-0 defeat, as I said yesterday a few times, we might aswell lose 2-0 trying to save the game, rather than defend a 1-0 defeat, points will keep us up, not goal difference, we have to start gambling a little earlier when we're behind.

Edited by leea8331

Suddenly Lines isn't good enough?

Just as a reminder. Is this Lines that was pretty much running the game against WBA before he went off injured? The very same Lines that provided the most assists for us last season and the 3rd most in L1 (funnily enough of which Reda was the highest recipient)

He might not prove to be our saviour, as such. But writing the guy off before he's kicked a ball in the league is a bit much.

Yeah we're definitely missing that one mistake a game what costs a goal from Reda.

I love it how people (not bigguns) are writing lines off at this level when he hasn't even played a game. Although, we've got some very good midfielders at the club and he will struggle to nail down a first team spot, I think he'll have a very good go.

Yeah we're definitely missing that one mistake a game what costs a goal from Reda.

I love it how people (not bigguns) are writing lines off at this level when he hasn't even played a game. Although, we've got some very good midfielders at the club and he will struggle to nail down a first team spot, I think he'll have a very good go.

i dont

Why people harbor such resentment towards Chris Lines is beyond me.

He played over forty games last season and formed a formidable midfield partnership with Semedo.

His set-pieces are the best at the club and his ability to actually drive forward occasionally is an attribute we are missing currently.

Finally, and probably most importantly, he hasn't even played a game at Championship level yet!