Barkley loan extended!

Guest mark mark

Week to week basis?

Dont get me wrong, i`m absolutely delighted if he gets to stay a while longer. But surely a week-to-week basis loan deal is not ideal?

I thought a month at a time was a bit short, nevermind this.

It is youth loan where the end date does not have to be specified. You can view week by week more than one way

Either it is like indefinate, with a short notice callback clause or it is a very short term loan with chance of renewal.

The parent club calls the shots. You'll never get away from that.

I think he's on a month to month as its a youth team loan

Yes. Jones has stated this previously. I believe he (or possibly someone else) also said that youth loans aren't restricted in terms of their duration, can be agreed and renewed outside the loan window and do not count towards the total amount of 'normal' loans in a season.

This really is great news that we can keep him here longer.

Like others I'm a bit disappointed that's it's only on a week to week basis but I'd rather have that than him go back to Everton.

We really are just beginning to see what this very talented young player is capable of and as long as Everton don't have an injury crisis I can see him staying here for a while as this benefits them also.

Looking at this from Moyes point of view, he's getting regular first team football in the second tier of English football at the best supported club outside the Premier League... Great experience for the youngster.

Its a week to week basis so potentially we can have him until the end of the season. If Everton get some injuries then he will probably be recalled which then cancels the loan, depending on if/when that happens would depend if we can have him back again. I am sure the youth loan window is open all season though?

Great news, got better and better as the games have gone on. hes formed a good partnerships with semedo, mccabe and now corry. Great passer and gets the team playing in a sense. Only problem is he tires and gets lazy towards the end of the game and doesnt get tight enough when marking players. But very pleased the loan has been extended