len.straker

i no possibly none of you will no my uncle len but on saturday morning he passed away in bassetlaw hospital aged 83 .now len lived all his life in shireoaks untill his passing yesterday len followed the owls since the late forties and also united too he had a season ticket in the south stand of both grounds for as long as i can remember and attended all the big games of both teams semi finals finals etc .on derby day hed never say wen either myself or the lads wud ask who he wud want to win but deep down im sure hes seen wins and draws both ways ups and downs i wud hate to think how many matches he wud have been too over the years one of my best memorys of len was a night game at bolton some years ago it was howling a gale and weeing down i turned to him and said not very good is it unc he repiled how do u think i go on yung un i get this sat weds sat weds he must b one of a dying breed that go to hillsbrough and the lane week in week.out and if that wasnt enough he wud watch worksop town too well rip len and thanks for cumming to many owls games with me too always a pleasure

cheers lads nice comments from u all another owl goes to hillsbrough in heaven lookin down on us all his fav was the chippy on leppings lane in later years before that hed go in masons on pennistone road and crown wen i first started going when u had too stand in the poorch as a kid while they went in for some ales