Punishment

We all know what that Leeds fan did, but what should be done?

I think they should be banned from at least three away matches and be forced to play a game behind closed doors.

Should be more along with a fine but what you suggest is about what they'll get

He's already banned apparently. Problem is, it's far too easy for somebody else to buy him a ticket.

Hard to punish Leeds either really. Can you fairly punish a club for the actions of a single fan?

Clubs have been punished for the actions of their fans before, and other clubs as well. How did English clubs end up with bans from European competitions? That was the actions of the fans.

(Not Liverpool fans obviously as they've never done anything wrong)

If Leeds can't control their fans than actions should be taken against them, but we all know this wont happen.

Three home games behind closed doors, season ban on away travel, award tonights game to Owls by 3-0.

We're better than that. Leeds need to be punished (play behind closed doors, points deductions, fines etc), but expecting us to profit from this is behaviour I'd expect from the perpetual victims/compensation seeking lot from across the city. It's been a rough season so far with the poor run of form, Hillsborough inquiry and now this, but we will emerge stronger. We had some idiots chanting, that seems undeniable based on the postings of people who were in attendance. However, we should conduct ourselves with dignity from this point forward. The season starts here, I've got a feeling we're gonna be just fine.

(the wonders of blind optimism..........and whisky!)

I think they should be banned from at least three away matches and be forced to play a game behind closed doors.

11 years ago, i think season opener against burnley. they won a penalty at the kop the taker scored and lingered infront of the south celebrating, one of ours ran on the pitch and idiotted him in the back of the head.

i cant remember what happened exactly, i think the idiot got a life time ban from stadiums, the point is none of us would've said we were acountable in that instance sowhy must leeds be now?

Guest PrincessWendy

We're better than that. Leeds need to be punished (play behind closed doors, points deductions, fines etc), but expecting us to profit from this is behaviour I'd expect from the perpetual victims/compensation seeking lot from across the city. It's been a rough season so far with the poor run of form, Hillsborough inquiry and now this, but we will emerge stronger. We had some idiots chanting, that seems undeniable based on the postings of people who were in attendance. However, we should conduct ourselves with dignity from this point forward. The season starts here, I've got a feeling we're gonna be just fine.

(the wonders of blind optimism..........and whisky!)

I agree with you, NJ Owl, that dignity is the way we show how much better we are (lots and lots and lots) than the appaling scum who sicked themselves on us last night, but this is difficutt when you remember they are from the city that harboured the 7/7 bombers and Saville.

And I've only just got home, by the way!

Bless you

HRH Wendy

I think they should be banned from at lFeast three away matches and be forced to play a game behind closed doors.

If the fans are to be punished in a way that acts as a deterrent, then the club must be punished by points deduction. Only when their behaviour directly affects their league position will it improve.

Unfortunately nothing will happen, rightly so they will hang the simpleton who assaulted Kirkland out to dry but any punishment for the club will be token.

What should happen is a collective stance with clubs refusing to give them an away allocation, but this will never happen due to money.

What's right and goodness has been sucked out of football and clubs who cheat, like Leeds with admin, exposing loopholes in ownership and disgraceful fan behaviour over decades will continue to be tolerated.

An away ban - that would be as effective as ours in the early 80;s post Curran at Oldham and would potentially cause issues in home areas.

Close the home ground - it woud wee wee off the genuine decent Leeds fans, cost the Club directly in revenue and set a precedent for other clubs

Time for the FA to show some balls

An away ban - that would be as effective as ours in the early 80;s post Curran at Oldham and would potentially cause issues in home areas.

Close the home ground - it woud wee wee off the genuine decent Leeds fans, cost the Club directly in revenue and set a precedent for other clubs

Time for the FA to show some balls

Good point, never going to happen though unfortunately, the FA are a waste of time