Punishment

Fines to the club will never stop the idiot fans doing things like tonight. Now start deducting ten points off the club may make some of them think twice

Agreed, once genuine fans realise the impact of this kind of behaviour, they will turn on them.

Just reading through Aaron Cawley's Facebook page (don't let eDDie see his sister ) , and you can already see some Leeds fans castigating him for the damage he has done.

If Leeds fan's know they will cost the club 3 points if they misbehave, somehow , they seem more concerned with how they will be judged by their peers , rather then the authorities

Edited by Vaughan

Guest The Bluebird

As a Cardiff fan I know only too well what a hard job it is to get rid of the morons. Fortunately for us our club, local police and supporters groups have worked together to almost eradicate problems. The most important factor is the fans. If the fans make it clear that this behaviour is out of order then eventually it will be a thing of the past.

We used to have a terrible song about Harold Shipman. Our own fans started booing it and it died. Fan pressure is the way forward.

If we knew poor behaviour of one of our fans at an away game could lead to a closure do you think the fans would self police the position. eg the chap at Palace that climbed the pylon. Stupidity not violence in that case I know but the principle applies

Guest The Bluebird

Don't get me wrong here, the leeds fan needs to have the book thrown at him. A lifetime ban and 12 months inside. Personally I think he should be made to appear live on SSN and explain his actions too. Also an apology to Kirkland.

Guest totemowl

Close their ground for 6 games.

Deduct one point.

Limit their away fans to 600 per game for the next 11 games.

Then the decent majority might decide that they aren't going to put up with the scum who have disgraced their club for the last 40 some years.

Guest TonyOwl88

Should be away game bans... the thing is I doubt it will hapen... football doesn't deal with issues like this effectively.

i am also aware that it just looks like sour grapes when we call for these things. The footage speaks for itself, and since its on the Sky News loop and most likely many others, we can only wait and see.

That L**ds fan MP probably said it best. If the North stand should be closed for a game, for how long should L**ds fans be banned from every event? Good insight.