Buxton, Llera, Reda, Lines and Madine

A bit of continuity from last season wouldn't be a bad thing.

interested to see how Lines will do when gets back, because our midfield hasn't looked right bar the first few games.

Reda and Buxton have been losses over the last month.

Guest FanthamOfTheOpera

Madine has been coasting by on sub-par performances for ages now. The "but he doesn't get the service" argument is eerily reminiscent of a certain windmilling ex-striker of ours. I'm disappointed (but not surprised) that some of the people wanting him back in the side are the ones who were crying out for COG as the saviour of the team not long ago; that hasn't worked, so we move on to Madine. If Madine comes in and we don't start winning, then we'll move onto "why isn't Rodri playing, he should be playing every week, then we'd win, Jones is an idiot", etc. Repeat to fade.

Lines was okay at League One level, not much more than that. In a two-man midfield he's fourth-choice for me, behind Semedo, Barkley and McCabe. He will not come in and save the team, at any rate.

Agreed re: the other three.

The key is to blend the better players from last season, of which I'd suggest that most of those listed by the OP are, with the newer additions, or that was the key at the start of the season in my opinion.

We've pretty much ended up starting all over again, so whether or not such a blend of old and new would make any difference now is debatable.