Buxton, Llera, Reda, Lines and Madine

These are exactly my sentiments.....

If you want to go on past performance I give you:-

http://en.wikipedia....ki/Darren_Purse

(played in premiership & championship most of his career)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wim_Jonk

(impressed at every club he had been at except us)

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Andy_Sinton

(cracking player at QPR......not really for us)

http://en.wikipedia....d_Egil_Soltvedt

(cracking player under Dave Jones......was relegated with us)

http://en.wikipedia....Gilles_De_Bilde

(don't really need to say owt about this geezer)

......and I can list you loads if you so wish. Plenty turned up to us with great pedigrees & then either have not suited how we play, couldn't settle, the wrong mix of players.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miguel_%C3%81ngel_Llera

We all love Llera but there are so many variables that us mere fans do not know:

Llera struggles with the English language, He finds it difficuilt to communicate with the rest of the defence, dont believe me then ask Rodri (who is having 4 4 hour english lessons per week), he could speak and understand better english tha Llera from the day he arrived........... lol

This makes it difficuilt for him to create an defensive understanding with his defence, There is a reason he has drifted from lower league club to lower leauge club in England while always been a fans fave where ever he has been the Managers just don't seem to have fancied him as a player for some reason??

Guest fustyfrank

Hi,A lot of varied discussion above.I prefer the 4-3-3 at home.

You have to have strength across the mjddle of the park against a team like Leeds.Okay to blood a youngster if you are winning comfortably.

So I go for.. Bywater

Buxton...Gardner...Taylor...Jones.(They will settle by Xmas)

Llera...Semedo...Reda,(The powerhouse that is needed)

Bothroyd...Madine...Antonio,Subs could be....

(JJ) (Maguire)(Mayor)

(McCabe) (Rodri)(Pecnic),(Plenty of goals here with the right service).

Hope DJ looks to something like this.The middle of the park is the key??

Up the owls.....Pensioner.

Guest MASSIVE1867

Hi,A lot of varied discussion above.I prefer the 4-3-3 at home.

You have to have strength across the mjddle of the park against a team like Leeds.Okay to blood a youngster if you are winning comfortably.

So I go for.. Bywater

Buxton...Gardner...Taylor...Jones.(They will settle by Xmas)

Llera...Semedo...Reda,(The powerhouse that is needed)

Bothroyd...Madine...Antonio,Subs could be....

(JJ) (Maguire)(Mayor)

(McCabe) (Rodri)(Pecnic),(Plenty of goals here with the right service).

Hope DJ looks to something like this.The middle of the park is the key??

Up the owls.....Pensioner.

Reda in midfield ?

This makes it difficuilt for him to create an defensive understanding with his defence, There is a reason he has drifted from lower league club to lower leauge club in England while always been a fans fave where ever he has been the Managers just don't seem to have fancied him as a player for some reason??

That isn't totally true I don't think (although very interesting post in general about the language problems- I've met Llera and his English is definitely a little patchy for somebody who has lived here for quite a while now...friendly guy though.) because I've definitely heard fans of both the MK Dons and Charlton say he was shockingly bad for them. It seems that he impressed at Brentford on loan, but that was obviously for a relatively short amount of time before Megson took a fancy to him.

In fact there were Charlton fans on here crowing when we signed him that we'd signed the worst defender they had ever seen at their club and we were doomed for the play-offs at best.

My guy feeling with Llera is that he is a League 1 player who (because of the integral part he played in the promotion winning squad) will immediately become the answer to our problems whenever he isn't in the team and we struggle a little. It has been the same with Madine, Lines and O'Grady- they all become much better players when they're on the bench because fans have such fond memories of them from last season. (Although that said, I think that Madine and Lines will successfully make the step-up to Championship football sooner or later.)

Guest Big Guns

That isn't totally true I don't think (although very interesting post in general about the language problems- I've met Llera and his English is definitely a little patchy for somebody who has lived here for quite a while now...friendly guy though.) because I've definitely heard fans of both the MK Dons and Charlton say he was shockingly bad for them. It seems that he impressed at Brentford on loan, but that was obviously for a relatively short amount of time before Megson took a fancy to him.

In fact there were Charlton fans on here crowing when we signed him that we'd signed the worst defender they had ever seen at their club and we were doomed for the play-offs at best.

My guy feeling with Llera is that he is a League 1 player who (because of the integral part he played in the promotion winning squad) will immediately become the answer to our problems whenever he isn't in the team and we struggle a little. It has been the same with Madine, Lines and O'Grady- they all become much better players when they're on the bench because fans have such fond memories of them from last season. (Although that said, I think that Madine and Lines will successfully make the step-up to Championship football sooner or later.)

I was going to agree with your post till you ruined it at the end ..