DJ out? There isn't half some utter bull twaddle on here!

Who's clapping?

It's not as black and white as that is it.

Your bracketing people who say he should be given time to settle his squad during the transitional period after being promoted as 'happy clappers'...

It's not doing your opinion any great favours and its drowning the matchday with petty, tedious arguments.

You are clapping if you think its not black and white, it is, you are good enough or you aren't this isnt a computer game, you dont get another go if you balls it up, if we go down we lose millions, or Milan does, you are asking for time to settle his squad, the seasons a quarter through for christs sake, how much longer do you think they need, Beevers went to Millwall, settled after 15mins, they beat Derby with one of our center backs, a team that i was told on here was too good for us to expect to beat because it was just out of the prem, and its a petty argument to want wednesday to do well is it, or to not get relegated through bed managment decisions, i was replying to a post i disagreed with, so how you get the idea that im drowning the thread with tedious arguments is beyond me,

The only tedious thing is people who wont think for themselves

You are clapping if you think its not black and white, it is, you are good enough or you aren't this isnt a computer game, you dont get another go if you balls it up, if we go down we lose millions, or Milan does, you are asking for time to settle his squad, the seasons a quarter through for christs sake, how much longer do you think they need, Beevers went to Millwall, settled after 15mins, they beat Derby with one of our center backs, a team that i was told on here was too good for us to expect to beat because it was just out of the prem, and its a petty argument to want wednesday to do well is it, or to not get relegated through bed managment decisions, i was replying to a post i disagreed with, so how you get the idea that im drowning the thread with tedious arguments is beyond me,

I stopped reading there.

lol

*don't bite Dan*

If a manager loses seven out of eight games (playing as we are) then questions over his future will be raised.

Why people can't get their head around this is beyond me.

F*cking this.

Some people are going over the top with regards to the doom and gloom at the moment but in equal measure there is a second group who'se complete dismissal of any criticism of Jones is absolutely ridiculous.

We have lost 7 in 8 and are 3 points adrift in the relegation zone, albeit in October. Dave Jones will be accountable for that by some until he sorts it or loses his job, whichever comes first.

Guest Briscoe Inferno

A decision to stick or twist must be made shortly.

When the lack of results are dictating an even more negative approach on the assumption that the point eventually gained gives us something to build on is a fine line to tread. Irvine failed with that approach two seasons running.

MM acknowledged that he let Irvine stay for longer than he should and missed the January window.

If MM is going to pull the trigger, he needs to do it now to allow a new manager to come in assess what he has and then indentify targets & acquire who he needs before mid December.

Otherwise, and I am sure he doing this anyway, is to provide all the support DJ needs to turn it around because no matter how hard he is trying, we are going backwards. I had hoped the Burnley result was the turning point but at 0-0 to substitute the player that is holding your side together at the moment was bordering on the irrational.

Says who?

You dont have to go back far to find an equally if not more capable one

Not much between them but Megson has had a more recent successful stint in the Prem

flip me

Looks like over the coming months/years every time we need a giggle we can go into the storage rooms and pull out all these people in straightjackets that have wobbly heads and who keep saying gary megson related rants

They can be known as 'The Others'

I can just see it now..

Christmas is coming and all the DJ's and bands are booked up and the Shiregreen WMC need an act on Christmas Eve

The WMC chairman calls up the entertainments agency..

"What dya mean you're fully booked... you must have SOMETHING ??"

"Well.... there's always 'the others'.... that might be worth a look ?"

"Whats that ? A band ? A DJ ? I neeeeed something for my members for Christmas Eve"

"Even better.... they're lunatics.... proper full on nutjobs.... all you have to do is wheel em out and leave em on stage with microphones"

"Why - what do they do ?"

"They just repeat 'megson' over and over and over.... they're reyt funny... it's like having David Icke onstage telling you the aliens are coming... this lot really truly do believe that Megson will be coming back to Hillsborough if Dave Jones gets fired"

"NO WAY !! that's HILARIOUS !! Yeah - we'll definitely have them... our members will have a reyt laugh if that's what they do"

"Yeah - they're totally bonkers ! I've booked them in for you... they'll be with you on Christmas Eve at 7... have a happy christmas !!"

Owlstalk Shop

flip me

Looks like over the coming months/years every time we need a giggle we can go into the storage rooms and pull out all these people in straightjackets that have wobbly heads and who keep saying gary megson related rants

I can just see it now..

Christmas is coming and all the DJ's and bands are booked up and the Shiregreen WMC need an act on Christmas Eve

"Whats that ? A band ? A DJ ? I neeeeed something for my members for Christmas Eve"

"Even better.... they're lunatics.... proper full on nutjobs.... all you have to do is wheel em out and leave em on stage with microphones"

"They just repeat 'megson' over and over and over.... they're reyt funny... it's like having David Icke onstage telling you the aliens are coming... this lot really truly do believe that Megson will be coming back to Hillsborough if Dave Jones gets fired"

"NO WAY !! that's HILARIOUS !! Yeah - we'll definitely have them... our members will have a reyt laugh if that's what they do"

"Yeah - they're totally bonkers ! I've booked them in for you... they'll be with you on Christmas Eve at 7... have a happy christmas !!"

I think Seaside Danny Wilde is booked up too, tch

Guest insideowl

WHY?!

i'd like to think i'm a reasonable poster on here. I will listen to anyones opinion. BUT you can't say 'he needs time', 'he's building something here' & 'we have to have faith in DJ' without having a reason?

I'm sick of reading pro DJ posts without any foundation.

All i can see is that we've took 1 step forward and 2 steps back. Last season (regardless whether it was Megson or DJ) we were strong, fit, organised, together & great at set pieces. In my opion we also had a better starting 11.

Now we look weak, unfit and unorganised. A shadow of the team we looked last year.

It seems we've had a poor pre season (unfit), it looks like the squads split (fighting) & we've signed a boat load of players that are no improvement on what we've already got! And if DJ is a motivational manager i'd hate to hear a manager whos deemed un-motivational.

Since the start of this season what has DJ done to impress? In my opinion Dave Jones was the manager when Gary Megsons team got promotion. Only suprise is MM hasn't already sacked DJ.

Getting better though

Last couple of games has been a massive step forward in cementing our place in this division this season

How so..

?

1 point from 6..

Won't get us anywhere, have we forgot what pre-season is supposed to be for?

Edited by Ash_SWFC

flip me

I can just see it now..

flip me indeed

where did I say I wanted Megson back?

I was simply correcting someone who was re-writing history

WHY?!

i'd like to think i'm a reasonable poster on here. I will listen to anyones opinion. BUT you can't say 'he needs time', 'he's building something here' & 'we have to have faith in DJ' without having a reason?

I'm sick of reading pro DJ posts without any foundation.

All i can see is that we've took 1 step forward and 2 steps back. Last season (regardless whether it was Megson or DJ) we were strong, fit, organised, together & great at set pieces. In my opion we also had a better starting 11.

Now we look weak, unfit and unorganised. A shadow of the team we looked last year.

It seems we've had a poor pre season (unfit), it looks like the squads split (fighting) & we've signed a boat load of players that are no improvement on what we've already got! And if DJ is a motivational manager i'd hate to hear a manager whos deemed un-motivational.

Since the start of this season what has DJ done to impress? In my opinion Dave Jones was the manager when Gary Megsons team got promotion. Only suprise is MM hasn't already sacked DJ.

Cant argue with that at all

F*cking this.

Some people are going over the top with regards to the doom and gloom at the moment but in equal measure there is a second group who'se complete dismissal of any criticism of Jones is absolutely ridiculous.

We have lost 7 in 8 and are 3 points adrift in the relegation zone, albeit in October. Dave Jones will be accountable for that by some until he sorts it or loses his job, whichever comes first.

Drives me mad to be honest.

Every single person on this site was rightly giving DJ the plaudits last season when he took us up, yet he is somehow immune from criticism when we are on a horror run.

So, going by that logic, when we do well it is largely down to the manager, but when do poorly it is down to something else.

Madness.

Guest insideowl

How so..

?

1 point from 6..

Won't get us anywhere, have we forgot what pre-season is supposed to be for?

i think we're unfit.

certainly not upto what we expect to be retained from last season.

antonio look tired saturday for me

Drives me mad to be honest.

Every single person on this site was rightly giving DJ the plaudits last season when he took us up, yet he is somehow immune from criticism when we are on a horror run.

So, going by that logic, when we do well it is largely down to the manager, but when do poorly it is down to something else.

Madness.

This...

Edited by Almat