DJ out? There isn't half some utter bull twaddle on here!

the manager gets the glory ,the manager gets the crap it's part of the job at the moment we are losing games we should at least get a point in ,some one some where is not doing their job ,and the buck i'm afraid stops with the manager ,unfortunately his head is on the line ,How much time do we give him ,untill he turns it round or we dissapear ,and just one more sentence DJ is no fergie for people throwing that in

Guest Deleted member

How much time do we give him

Fortunately you don't get to 'give him' any time, neither do I, Big Guns, Almat or anybody else for that matter.

Agreed grandad ,should have said how much time will Milan give him ,results will decide that my friend , hopefully Dj turns it round and these threads will dissapear ,

but realistically from a football stance the man has his work cut out ,1 in 24 if you count thecount the cup game dosent sit pretty for me at the moment we are struggling you know it as well as I do ,and if it dosent change which is a distinct possibility ,what then ,

Guest Big Guns

Fortunately you don't get to 'give him' any time, neither do I, Big Guns, Almat or anybody else for that matter.

Milan Mandaric does...

Does anyone think that MM has not actually looked at what's going on this season ?

Do you think he does not talk to DJ and asks him wtf is going on?

Don't you think that MM has already got something in mind if we are struggling?

Or is he just waiting for some help from this forum before he sorts it?

Guest Deleted member

I don't count the Cup game - given it was against premiership opposition and there wasn't 3 points available

Tbh - you don't need to count the Cup game either - the point you make is strong enough based on 1 point from 21

I'm not for 1 minute trying to pretend that Dave Jones is untouchable - what I'm appealing for is for fans to bear in mind his long term record in this division, his record overall since he has been at Hillsborough, the football we have played since he arrived (that regardless of what people say is a zillion miles away from how Megson had us playing), and to give the Manager more time to get it right.

We are a division above where we were all used to winning every week, people have very short memories. People were over the moon overall at our signings this summer - the excitement we all felt when we saw players like McCabe; Bothroyd and Antonio signing has not (yet) manifested itself on a Saturday afternoon - but I'm still confident it will.

I'm also pretty sure that Mandaric is more than confident that his manager will turn it round. I'm also more than confident that Dave Jones is fully appraised of the situation he will find himself in if the current run extends much longer.

Personally - I hope Jones gets at the very minimum another 10 games to turn things round. I can only imagine the state of Owlstalk by then if he hasnt.

Guest Big Guns

Does anyone think that MM has not actually looked at what's going on this season ?

Do you think he does not talk to DJ and asks him wtf is going on?

Don't you think that MM has already got something in mind if we are struggling?

Or is he just waiting for some help from this forum before he sorts it?

I don't think mms ever played football at any level so he doesn't know wot he's on about and isn't entitled to an opinion...

Is he ?

WAWAW ?

I met gary megson a couple of times at Albion and I actually asked him What his dream job in Football was His answer was "Sheffield Wednesday" Now his time managing you has come and gone. but I thing I can say is he got us into the premiership twice for the same amount money Jack Hayward gave Jones in the choke season. To be honest after that Jones was a running joke to us. WAWAW? No Jones Isn't, reading post #29 are you? No matter your opinion of him Megson is and always will be one of you

Guest JC Saviour

I met gary megson a couple of times at Albion and I actually asked him What his dream job in Football was His answer was "Sheffield Wednesday" Now his time managing you has come and gone. but I thing I can say is he got us into the premiership twice for the same amount money Jack Hayward gave Jones in the choke season. To be honest after that Jones was a running joke to us. WAWAW? No Jones Isn't, reading post #29 are you? No matter your opinion of him Megson is and always will be one of you

Thats what a lot on here don't get. Some would sooner see us in the relegation zone playing the non Megson way. Facts are fact, the guy got us back on the map, got sacked when he got us into the play off position( most of us would have accepted that come the end of the season) We are now in the relegation zone and still there are loads slagging Megsons style off. Unbelievable. Jones is a good manager, but results are what they are judged on at the end of the day or should I say should be. Megson being the exception.

Thats what a lot on here don't get. Some would sooner see us in the relegation zone playing the non Megson way. Facts are fact, the guy got us back on the map, got sacked when he got us into the play off position( most of us would have accepted that come the end of the season) We are now in the relegation zone and still there are loads slagging Megsons style off. Unbelievable. Jones is a good manager, but results are what they are judged on at the end of the day or should I say should be. Megson being the exception.

I'd argue that Jones hasn't been that good a manager. Jack Hayward gave him £13 million in 2001/02, He choked he was given at least the same again in 2002/03 and he beat the blunts at wembley. Came straight back down. Cost hayward so much he had to sell the club to Morgan. Cardiff under him saw Swansea promoted

Guest Briscoe Inferno

We have Nugent and now Baggiehy, being a former close neighbour of DJ when up the road at Wolves confirming the patterns that we are seeing at S6.

Some folk need to wake up and smell the coffee...

Edited by Briscoe Inferno

Guest MrsGoggins

I don't think mms ever played football at any level so he doesn't know wot he's on about and isn't entitled to an opinion...

Is he ?

If he has coaching badges yes if not then no.