DJ out? There isn't half some utter bull twaddle on here!

Where would Man Ure be if Sir Alex hadn't been given a chance after his inglorious start? Where would Everton be if David Moyes hadn't been given similar backing?

Dave Jones is without any doubt, the most capable manager we've had here for some considerable time. To build a club takes time, we don't have a reserve team any more to blood newcomers or those back from injury, we haven't had much in the way of youngsters coming through the ranks for far too long but these building blocks are slowly but surely being put in place.

We were somewhat spoiled by the back end of last season, but there are now definate signs that the style of football is more suited to the Championship than L1. Granted, we do seem, on the face of it, to be missing the right No.2 since TB went and also granted that MM is renowned for wanting instant success but remember, he did not spend wildly (wisely!) to buy that success so this will be a more gradual process than fickle fans will obviously want. Rome was not built in a day!

If you analyse where these rumours start, it is is obvious where they beginand it's not always the press, though they do obviously fuel it, but on sites like this where "knee jerk" reactions abound.

It would be much more helpful to the cause to actually show lol some support, rather than all the nonsense and unfounded rumour spreading!

If he does go soon, who would blame him? If he does go soon then you doom and gloom merchants would have played a part and will have to live with the consequences.

Where would Man Ure be if Sir Alex hadn't been given a chance after his inglorious start? Where would Everton be if David Moyes hadn't been given similar backing?

Dave Jones is without any doubt, the most capable manager we've had here for some considerable time. To build a club takes time, we don't have a reserve team any more to blood newcomers or those back from injury, we haven't had much in the way of youngsters coming through the ranks for far too long but these building blocks are slowly but surely being put in place.

We were somewhat spoiled by the back end of last season, but there are now definate signs that the style of football is more suited to the Championship than L1. Granted, we do seem, on the face of it, to be missing the right No.2 since TB went and also granted that MM is renowned for wanting instant success but remember, he did not spend wildly (wisely!) to buy that success so this will be a more gradual process than fickle fans will obviously want. Rome was not built in a day!

If you analyse where these rumours start, it is is obvious where they beginand it's not always the press, though they do obviously fuel it, but on sites like this where "knee jerk" reactions abound.

It would be much more helpful to the cause to actually show lol some support, rather than all the nonsense and unfounded rumour spreading!

If he does go soon, who would blame him? If he does go soon then you doom and gloom merchants would have played a part and will have to live with the consequences.

I wondered how long it would be before it was our fault again

Owlstalk = easy target

Reading facebook and twitter theres loads worse on there currently

True, but there is the endless stream of bints that contribute to #ThongThursday and #MoistMonday which makes filtering through the twitter football rants much easier....

We need more fanny on here Neil.

I think more fanny would definitely help.

My big fear is for every Fergie or Moyes there are literally hundreds of irvines. :st2: Picking a manager seems so fraught with difficulty, doesn't it? It's an inexact science. No-one can truly predict how they are going to get on at your club. At the end of last season would anyone have predicted we would have gone on a run of 7 games and picked up only 1 point? I certainly wouldn't have.

Edited by Almat

Everybody is entitled to their opinion and should be encouraged to voice it. Personally I'm a DJ backer and think he should be given a bit longer to sort it out, but I am starting to lose a bit of faith. For whatever reason the players don't seem to be working as hard as other teams are. Like I said I'll back DJ to get it right. But how long do we leave it? I'm a Wednesday supporter and whatever happens whats best for Wednesday must come first

Man Utd could have easily had just the same or even more success if Fergie got sacked.

That's akin to saying if Ms Schicklgruber had been infertile the 2nd World War wouldn't have happened. Imponderables...

Edited by Almat

If the cap fits etc.

Problem is mate, it doesnt fit, and all the clappers on here can stretch it as much as they like it'll never fit, but hey dont take any notice of the facts, like the definate signs of our football being suited to the championship, how do you dream up crap like that?

We are adrift in the relegation places having played 10 games, after having a shot at going top after 4 games, and you have the gaul to try and tell people our football is showing definite good signs,

And then blame the fans for the managers mistakes

Absolutely priceless

Edited by scarboro-owl

Problem is mate, it doesnt fit, and all the clappers on here can stretch it as much as they like it'll never fit, but hey dont take any notice of the facts, like the definate signs of our football being suited to the championship, how do you dream up crap like that?

Who's clapping?

It's not as black and white as that is it.

Your bracketing people who say he should be given time to settle his squad during the transitional period after being promoted as 'happy clappers'...

It's not doing your opinion any great favours and its drowning the matchday with petty, tedious arguments.

Guest Briscoe Inferno

When we look back in May, one way or the other, I am sure the next two weeks will be critical in terms of the story of our season.

Whether we have additions to the squad or other support for DJ or MM goes for the nuclear option.

I would not be surprised if DJ stays but with fresh faces coming in to help considering the squad overhaul and cost of all the training ground facilities modifications to create an open plan environment undertaken at DJs request.

However, MM's lack of comment is somewhat surprising considering his regular statements and updates last year.

It maybe that MM does not want to dignify or add weight to the unrest and consequential speculation by responding at this time....

Guest super swfc

If a manager loses seven out of eight games (playing as we are) then questions over his future will be raised.

Why people can't get their head around this is beyond me.

spot on dude

Says who?

You dont have to go back far to find an equally if not more capable one

Not much between them but Megson has had a more recent successful stint in the Prem