DJ Favourite With The Bookies To Be Next Manager Sacked

Agree..how long then do we give any new manager to come in, get his own team, and put things right...Oh sorry forgot...instant fix...ffs

just turning this around, and this is in no way a dig but at what point would you say he's had enough time to put things right? Would he get the next 6 games, until Christmas, Easter, the end of the season. You must in your own mind have some kind of target, so if we won 1 and drew 2 of the next 6 is this progress enough, if we're in the bottom three and 6 points adrift at Christmas is it time for a change or do we give Dave a full season even if we are relegated. I'm just interested in how long different people think is long enough, personally I would say 10 or 11 points from the next 6 games.

What would happen if MM said to Harry, how about being manager till the end of the season. Would Harry accept?

Just as I said in another post a couple of days ago - temporary, just like all Sheffield Wednesday managers. Instead of getting one man out why not bring another man in(to assist) and try that for a change? Has DJ done something wrong or has he done something different to what others would do?

/

As I have noticed you don,t call the many repeated posts in support of the current calamatous situation boring, I can only surmise you are a happy to sit clapping at everything that,s going off.

Imagine a crisis, whether that be an airliner plummeting to the ground or a power station with a major fire. There are two people with you that might be able to help you avert disaster. One of them appears calm and thoughtful, the other is randomly shouting reactionary cliches. Which one would you be looking to for assistance? That's not a dig at you personally, it's just a general (and admittedly exaggerated) observation about the demeanour of some posters.

just turning this around, and this is in no way a dig but at what point would you say he's had enough time to put things right? Would he get the next 6 games, until Christmas, Easter, the end of the season. You must in your own mind have some kind of target, so if we won 1 and drew 2 of the next 6 is this progress enough, if we're in the bottom three and 6 points adrift at Christmas is it time for a change or do we give Dave a full season even if we are relegated. I'm just interested in how long different people think is long enough, personally I would say 10 or 11 points from the next 6 games.

Here we go again with arbitrary deadlines that not only introduce the possibility of a major decision in the club's future being reduced to a goalkeeper letting an easy save through his hands or a referee making an outrageously bad decision, but also completely fails to take into account that the bloke ultimately responsible for paying the bills and making such judgements isn't even slightly interested in such guesswork.

/

Here we go again with arbitrary deadlines that not only introduce the possibility of a major decision in the club's future being reduced to a goalkeeper letting an easy save through his hands or a referee making an outrageously bad decision, but also completely fails to take into account that the bloke ultimately responsible for paying the bills and making such judgements isn't even slightly interested in such guesswork.

This is the problem, though. It's OK saying he deserves more time to turn it round but why get uppity when someone asks you to quantify how long you would personally give him? You must have some time limit in mind as a fall back position if results don't improve? Or are you just saying give him the season no matter what the results are? which is it? I'm sure if we are being entirely honest we all basically have a time limit in mind here, it's just that some are longer/shorter than others. But some are happy to state what there's is and others aren't. Why is that?

Edited by Almat

You must have some time limit in mind...

That's the second post in this thread that demands a deadline as if there's no alternative.

Do you really think it's sensible to make such a monumental decision that will dictate the future direction of the club on a criteria that could easily be satisfied if the chairman spent the next four weeks (for example) in a coma and just looked in the newspaper when he woke up? Short sequences of results, even if they are being used in addition to a series that has gone before, are always prone to chance and vagaries that make the whole process something of a lottery.

I'd like to think (and many chairmen have failed utterly in the past on that score) that the decision will be made on a more wide-ranging set of circumstances. History is full of examples where hysteria could have prevented progress. You only have to look back at our own club in the 1990s and how we regularly used to make poor starts to the season under Trevor Francis before surging up the table.

You're not saying, then? You can't have it both ways - criticising posters who give a deadline then singularly failing to have the guts to even discuss your limit/deadline (because I'm sure you have one). TBH you would be hopeless in that power station crisis you previously described. You need decision makers in such scenarios not someone who just hopes everything will turn out just fine.

Edited by Almat

/

Imagine a crisis, whether that be an airliner plummeting to the ground or a power station with a major fire. There are two people with you that might be able to help you avert disaster. One of them appears calm and thoughtful, the other is randomly shouting reactionary cliches. Which one would you be looking to for assistance? That's not a dig at you personally, it's just a general (and admittedly exaggerated) observation about the demeanour of some posters.

Imagine said airliner is hurtling towards the ocean, would you want someone who is looking about trying to find a solution to the crisis and maybe getting in a new pilot to have a go before it,s too late, or someone sat there hoping that something will turn up and leave it to the current pilot to fix, even though it was his decisions that have precipitated the impending disaster? Edited by lanzaroteowl

You're not saying, then? You can't have it both ways - criticising posters who give a deadline then singularly failing to have the guts to even discuss your limit/deadline (because I'm sure you have one).

I don't know how much clearer I can make it that I don't have a sodding deadline as in my opinion that is an inadequate, reactionary and crude method by which to make such an important decision. The inability to comprehend an alternative method of analysis may be part of the problem for some posters?

At the end of the day, there will be only one person that will know how long Dave Jones has left. That person will be Milan Mandaric. Possibly, Paul Aldridge will know and Dave Jones may have been given an ultimatum based upon a number of games, however, I believe there will only be one person that will truly know.

I believe that Dave Jones' job is safe currently. There have been no strong rumours that have circulated about the relationship between Jones and Mandaric unlike the time prior to when Megson lost his job. Although performance is high on any Chairman's list for retaining a manager, I believe that trust is a more important factor for Milan Mandaric. Therefore, I believe that Jones' job is safe as it appears that Milan trusts Jones.