DJ Favourite With The Bookies To Be Next Manager Sacked

give him till december, if we're in the drop zone then get rid. it gives us a week or so to get someone else in and then that person a few weeks to see what needs doing. they then have Janurary to do what needs doing to the squad. easy this chairman lark....

But "I'll reassess the situation after the Leeds match" is effectively a deadline. So if we lose against Leeds what is MM assessing then? If he wasn't concerned why would he even be looking to reassess the situation after a certain game, which just happens to be the next one?

It is a deadline for making another decision rather than a deadline for a sacking. Slightly different. It is not setting the criteria that has to be met by a set date.

I suppose in a way MM will reassess daily if not more frequently

As in "What do I think?" - "Not yet"

then

"Has anything changed?" - "No" - "Not yet"

and so on until we have a game or something else happens to maybe change his mind, then

"Has anything changed?" - "Yes" - "So what's it to be? Now or later?" - "?????"

give him till december, if we're in the drop zone then get rid. it gives us a week or so to get someone else in and then that person a few weeks to see what needs doing. they then have Janurary to do what needs doing to the squad. easy this chairman lark....

this is the kind of thing I was after with my original post, so thats 1 until December.

Guest pops55

That's true, but the plane is still tens of thousands of feet in the air with plenty of time remaining. And again you're insinuating that there is paralysis, like the chairman, manager and players are doing nothing to resolve the situation.

Your emphasis on only one of the two scenarios being presented reveals your inherent prejudice in this situation. You've made your decision and will now base most or all of your interpretations around that fact, ignoring other possibilities.

First we're hurtling towards the ground, then we can see the ocean through the cockpit screen now we're tens of thousands of feet up again

i never liked flying.

I suppose in a way MM will reassess daily if not more frequently

As in "What do I think?" - "Not yet"

then

"Has anything changed?" - "No" - "Not yet"

and so on until we have a game or something else happens to maybe change his mind, then

"Has anything changed?" - "Yes" - "So what's it to be? Now or later?" - "?????"

Who can I now get as a replacement? will he come or not? Edited by lanzaroteowl

It's not like DJ hasn't got a decent record of getting new players to gel quickly. He bought in loads of new players in his first full season at Wolves (spending more in one single period than the club had ever spent previously), they hit the ground running and were top of the League by the end of September. Just a puzzle as to what's gone wrong now.

Edited by Almat

The problem with saying "give him till December" or any other date, is the league table. We may be in the bottom three but only a couple of points adrift, or we could be six points adrift. The situation has to be looked at week by week, if we keep dropping points and others around us aren't, action has to be taken.