APPEAL TO DAVE JONES TO SORT THE CORNERS OUT

The following is an urgent appeal to the manager Dave Jones to help us overcome the plight of thousands of Wednesday fans who are exposed to a current spate of wasted corners

The following scenes may disturb you

During recent times we have been spolit with creative, exciting football..

Football with wingers who beat the defenders in front of them and cross the ball for goal machine to smash into the back of the net

We've been spolit by amazing scenes of fan togetherness

Fans who previously didnt' know each other openly kissing (sometimes on the lips, and with tongues on one occasion) on the pitch at Hillsborough following an amazing promotion at the expense of our bitter rival neighbours

We've been shown a winning formula with creativitiy.. with spark... with fight... and with smiles

The scene today is a different one

We are now witnessing some of the harshest times as far as our corners are concerned

Week after week our corners are blasted at the first defenders chest whilst our Sheffield Wednesday dangermen are at the edge of the area making runs in to attack the ball that never comes

Time after time after time the ball is smashed no further than the first defender who gladly just blasts it up the pitch to his team mates (who then launch an attack against our weakened defence)

The time has come for change

The time has come to make a difference

The time has come to say NO to front post corners that bring us nothing but heartbreak

The time has come.........

Help us sort the corners out today Dave Jones..... let's have some switching of ideas, some different players to take the corners, some imagination...

Let us see it as a collective challenge to surprise the opposition with effective, fun, exciting corners

Let us change the way we live our lives by bringing about a complete change

As John Lennon once said "Paul... pass us me guitar mate.. "

UP THE OWLS

Owlstalk Shop

Be careful he dont read this.

He'll ban you mate, or he will say "you people in this part of the world must have seen some great football in your time"

He won't

I'm a massive fan of Dave Jones - I think he's a superb manager who's been a legend since coming here

Yesterday we saw exactly what he's looking to do - skillful, patient football to feet

The corners let us down a bit and were frustrating

I'm 100% behind Dave Jones - big tme

I just want our fans to see that things are getting better..

Owlstalk Shop

Have you noticed in the warmup where the guy working with Kirkland hits crosses in from the corner - he can put them on a sixpence every time, it can't be that difficult,yet we have players running from all positions to take corners but whoever takes them hits the first defender. If we find it physically impossible at least have a player on the near post like with Lee Chapman flicking Marwood's corners on to the back post, only thing is Marwood meant it.

The other thing is as well, mentioned on RS - why do we always allow t'others to take short corners unopposed?

The following is an urgent appeal to the manager Dave Jones to help us overcome the plight of thousands of Wednesday fans who are exposed to a current spate of wasted corners

The following scenes may disturb you

During recent times we have been spolit with creative, exciting football..

Football with wingers who beat the defenders in front of them and cross the ball for goal machine to smash into the back of the net

We've been spolit by amazing scenes of fan togetherness

Fans who previously didnt' know each other openly kissing (sometimes on the lips, and with tongues on one occasion) on the pitch at Hillsborough following an amazing promotion at the expense of our bitter rival neighbours

We've been shown a winning formula with creativitiy.. with spark... with fight... and with smiles

The scene today is a different one

We are now witnessing some of the harshest times as far as our corners are concerned

Week after week our corners are blasted at the first defenders chest whilst our Sheffield Wednesday dangermen are at the edge of the area making runs in to attack the ball that never comes

Time after time after time the ball is smashed no further than the first defender who gladly just blasts it up the pitch to his team mates (who then launch an attack against our weakened defence)

The time has come for change

The time has come to make a difference

The time has come to say NO to front post corners that bring us nothing but heartbreak

The time has come.........

Help us sort the corners out today Dave Jones..... let's have some switching of ideas, some different players to take the corners, some imagination...

Let us see it as a collective challenge to surprise the opposition with effective, fun, exciting corners

Let us change the way we live our lives by bringing about a complete change

As John Lennon once said "Paul... pass us me guitar mate.. "

UP THE OWLS

Ever thought it might be another change from DJ? Lets change from corners that worked to his own corners. (not Megsons)

It's getting to the point where we should consider declining corners. We are at our most vulnerable defensively when attacking from a set piece in the oppositions penalty box.

I was thinking during the match yesterday, what's the point of us having corners.

Apparently we haven't got a problem with corners. After all we scored with the goal that wasn't given for Llera in the first-half according to DJ post-match comments!

Therefore it must be everyone's imagination that we can't clear the first man and start the opposition's best attacks off by doing so.

Perhaps it should say 9 out of 10 times our corners are rubbish, but once in a blue moon they aren't!!!

Unfortunately our best corner taker is Llera who is also our biggest danger in the box from corners. I'd let Bothroyd take them he was doing soon great cross field balls on Saturday and that cheeky dinked cross was pure skill- he is not the best in the air so why not he is a winger after all ;)

I honestly think that this corner situation is a tactic gone wrong. I think we are trying to drive the ball in low, just above the first man and attacking it as it drops behind him. These sorts of corners are easier to attack than defend but hard to pull off. The few good chances we had had from corners in recent games have happened in exactly that situation, such as the Llera chance on Saturday and when Beevers hit the bar a few games back.

Surely anyone can float a basic corner in, but one that is hard to attack with any force. We would have just resorted to this if we kept failing to beat the first man, unless we were trying something specific.