APPEAL TO DAVE JONES TO SORT THE CORNERS OUT

maybe as you say but the trick is to vary the corners not do the same every time Lannie mate, dosent take a rocket scientist to work that one out ,keep the defence guessing = more success in burrying the ball in the net ,

Totally agree Trev. At the moment we don't look in control of corners or set pieces. There should be a broad gameplan for that nailed on IMO

cheers mate , experience has taught me as a striker and later years defender ,much harder for the defence if you mix things up a little ,and as a striker easier to attack the ball if defenders don't expect the obvious ,

Edited by trevdi9

Guest intercity0wl

The following is an urgent appeal to the manager Dave Jones to help us overcome the plight of thousands of Wednesday fans who are exposed to a current spate of wasted corners

The following scenes may disturb you

During recent times we have been spolit with creative, exciting football..

Football with wingers who beat the defenders in front of them and cross the ball for goal machine to smash into the back of the net

We've been spolit by amazing scenes of fan togetherness

Fans who previously didnt' know each other openly kissing (sometimes on the lips, and with tongues on one occasion) on the pitch at Hillsborough following an amazing promotion at the expense of our bitter rival neighbours

We've been shown a winning formula with creativitiy.. with spark... with fight... and with smiles

The scene today is a different one

We are now witnessing some of the harshest times as far as our corners are concerned

Week after week our corners are blasted at the first defenders chest whilst our Sheffield Wednesday dangermen are at the edge of the area making runs in to attack the ball that never comes

Time after time after time the ball is smashed no further than the first defender who gladly just blasts it up the pitch to his team mates (who then launch an attack against our weakened defence)

The time has come for change

The time has come to make a difference

The time has come to say NO to front post corners that bring us nothing but heartbreak

The time has come.........

Help us sort the corners out today Dave Jones..... let's have some switching of ideas, some different players to take the corners, some imagination...

Let us see it as a collective challenge to surprise the opposition with effective, fun, exciting corners

Let us change the way we live our lives by bringing about a complete change

As John Lennon once said "Paul... pass us me guitar mate.. "

UP THE OWLS

I take it you are on about this sort of thing.

Think the players have some responsibility here, it's not a difficult skill kicking it and as professionals they should be more than capable.

I am sure DJ doesn't send then out to Spaz it chest height trying to find a rising umpa lumpa at the front post

That said we gave lost almost all our attacking threat taking Reda, Llera, madine and even Jones out of the team, not wholly DJ's fault but does take some responsibility with recent team selections

maybe as you say but the trick is to vary the corners not do the same every time Lannie mate, dosent take a rocket scientist to work that one out ,keep the defence guessing = more success in burrying the ball in the net ,

Fair point. I assumed they kept going for it as they vary rarely pulled it off. It is varied in the sense that it usually doesn't reach the area they are aiming for.

Guest Briscoe Inferno

they were completely laughable corners mate,

Appalling and embarrassing in equal measure - whoever has instructed them being taken this way wants shooting as Brian Clough would say...

Guest Darkus Owlus

Can we instead just call on a fan to come down from the stands to take one?

We all know it would atleast beat the first man.

My god, we're just so poo . :biggrin: