Barkley Staying?

The lads got talent but in our position I think we need a streetwise midfielder who can take a game by the scruff of its neck. Graham kavagne worked out well a few years back someone like that would be better than Barkley

Tweet from Staton - @robstaton: Dave Jones told me after the game Everton want Ross Barkley to stay at #SWFC. Jones to talk to Milan Mandaric about completing an extension.

So basically they don't want him back at Goodison? :wacko:

Guest totemowl

Kid might have some talent but is not what we need at the moment. Too lightweight in the tackle, doesnt work hard enough when we dont have the ball and often gets caught in possession.

You started off on the right track by saying he's got talent but everything else you said is rubbish imo

We need class like that all across our midfield.

Guest Bamswfc

from what i have seen of barkley he doesnt often get caught in possession quite the opposite i rarely see him lose the ball and delivers the ball to where he wants it everytime

Guest Bamswfc

i never herd dave jones say that everton wanted him to stay just that he was going to talk to the chairman about extending his loan

You started off on the right track by saying he's got talent but everything else you said is rubbish imo

We need class like that all across our midfield.

What like letting the opposition walk straight through us? Doesnt know when to release the ball. There were many times in the game when he could have played Antonio in but decided to hold onto the ball and attract 3 Hull players instead.

Guest totemowl

i never herd dave jones say that everton wanted him to stay just that he was going to talk to the chairman about extending his loan

Dj definitely said Everton want him to stay here. Post match interview on RS.

MASSIVEly overrated. I'll get slated for this, but he's a luxury we can ill afford. He's clearly got talent and potential, but if he doesn't sort his attitude he won't make it at any level. Multiple times in each match he's watched players walk by him; he's a flipping centre midfielder but scared of the dirty work.

Should go on Mastermind because he never passes. Not what we need let him go back. Jones should sign a proper experienced midfielder and not give his pals at Everton a foot up. Apart from the rounduns to take the penalty not seen anything from him. Never played in a winning Wednesday team and for those saying not his fault, why??. Go figure.

The lads got talent but in our position I think we need a streetwise midfielder who can take a game by the scruff of its neck. Graham kavagne worked out well a few years back someone like that would be better than Barkley

I have heard it all now. A player like Graham Kavanagh would be better than Barkley?!? Seriously?

Should go on Mastermind because he never passes. Not what we need let him go back. Jones should sign a proper experienced midfielder and not give his pals at Everton a foot up. Apart from the rounduns to take the penalty not seen anything from him. Never played in a winning Wednesday team and for those saying not his fault, why??. Go figure.

He nevers passes?!? Are you for real?

Your one of these who listens on the radio aren't you.

Dave Jones is really doing Everton a huge favour letting us have one of the best young prospects in England at the moment.

F**K Me!

Whatever your on, I don't want any!!

There's too many on here who think just having ability makes you a good footballer! You need the right blend of skill & attitude! People on here still cream over Potter and slate people who call him a lazy, work shy article! He didn't work hard enough! Simple as! I'm sure someone wrote on here the other week about him coming up the ranks with Gerrard? What's the difference...

Look at the top players in the world, the majority have bags of skill and bags of work rate. One without the other generally, and of course there are exceptions, means you play in league one!

I don't think Barkley can be accused of being a lazy git though. He's young enough to be cut a little slack & if he works on the aspects of his game that people have mentioned, releasing the ball at the right time, putting a tackle in, tracking back, he'll be a great player!