Barkley Staying?

I really don't understand the RS slaters on here?

The kid is quality and is trying his best and in a struggling team.

You would have all been jizzing about him if he was at SWFC and allowed to express himself against Birmingham in that 4-4-2 formation.

Hope Everton let him stay and far more importantly......he wants to stay!

I really don't understand the RS slaters on here?

The kid is quality and is trying his best and in a struggling team.

You would have all been jizzing about him if he was at SWFC and allowed to express himself against Birmingham in that 4-4-2 formation.

Hope Everton let him stay and far more importantly......he wants to stay!

Thing is though that we were not a struggling team when he came.

Guest Kagoshimaowl

I dont want him to stay. he has NO position. get back to Semedo and McCabe and playt a proper flippingstriker in the supporting position!

I have heard it all now. A player like Graham Kavanagh would be better than Barkley?!? Seriously?

Yep for the position were in we need experienced heads not promising youngsters. were losing the midfield battle every week we need someone who knows the division

Guest Bedders

Hope he stays he's class

I don't I would sooner us be a 'team' again rather than a bunch of 'talented' individuals.

This game over the years has only succeeded with team spirit!

Sooner play our own players!

The lads got talent but in our position I think we need a streetwise midfielder who can take a game by the scruff of its neck. Graham kavagne worked out well a few years back someone like that would be better than Barkley

Kavanagh worked well with Whelan beside him, but as soon as we sold Whelan, and Kavanagh was the main man he really struggled, mainly due to the fact that he couldn't run. He was great WITH Whelan, but without him, was one of the least effective midfield players we've had in years.

As for Barklay, Jones has said more than once on Radio Sheffield that he thinks he'll keep him for the rest of the season, and it shouldn't be a problem because Barklay is a youth loan, and it seems that different rules apply to that type of loan.

I think if we agree to an extension we should ask them to let us not play him occasionally. At the moment it looks like we have 2 players we are contractually obligated to play and I genuinely think it's contributing to a dressing room split. And if i was Jones I would stay away from MM as much as possible TBH. Send Wilkinson to ask that question lol

Edited by Almat

First time i have seen Barkley yesterday and yes he has talent but for me he was shy in the tackle and i expected him to be supporting the attackers more , instead he was content to play one two's on the half way line

The trouble with playing 3 central midfielders is that it gives one the opportunity to go missing .

Guest totemowl

Maybe Barkley has played every game because the manager has wanted to pick him for every game. Or am I thinking about this too deeply?

Don't be daft! Why would he want to pick someone with his talent, class and presence when he has mccabe, semedo, pecnik and...errr... lines to play in their instead.