to all the bothroyd boooooooers.

THIS

Nobody booed him today - he worked hard and chased the ball down with 100% effort

He tried hard

Wing is not the best position for him though

Are you serious. Tried hard??

Listen as much as I feel for anyone who has to use an inhaler and I'm sure the guy is a very nice bloke. Today his effort was just not good enough.

His positional play was abysmal purely and simply because he was out of position.

A few little flicks here and there but nowhere near good enough.

You must be watching a different game !!

As for Jones saying he was instrumental in the good work we did. He is havin a laugh. He showed nothing either attacking or defensive. Very very poor. Sorry Jay !!

This player is not what we need right now and was a terrible signing.

Watched him at 64 mins, ( 1 min before Madine came on), it was bizarre, he clung to the wing like a lines man, an observer of the game. The play moved into the his area, and his drifted inside away from it.

What a bizarre player, that we can ill afford. We can't afford a weirdo that not part part of the game. We can't afford an enigma. If we were tip top, then maybe he could fit in. JJ attitude was the opposite.

Him & DJ have to go ASAP.

Bothroyd was one of few plusses today. His control looked Premiership class and I liked the way he held the ball as if to say " you can't have it", his distribution was top class, and those long cross field balls to Antonio almost paid dividends three or four times. He also tracked back well even mopping up at left back once - in the first half. Like everyone else he dropped off in the second, but was clapped throughout the game, at half time and when he was subbed and he returned the applause. Whether he keeps playing at outside right or not remains to be seen but for now it was good to see a glimpse of his quality.

Spot on.

Anyone who didn't think he was the best player on the pitch in the first half doesn't know what a footballer is supposed to do.mthe post above sums it up perfectly.

But, some people are never going to like him and would rather him run around like Lee Peacock.

what booing? everyone around me on the Kop stood up and applauded..saying evreyone bood...is just poo poo stirring

The OP was referring to the treatment JB recieved at the last home game.

I thought JB was a class act today, wasted where he was mind but was surely playing wide at his current manager's request.

Spot on.

Anyone who didn't think he was the best player on the pitch in the first half doesn't know what a footballer is supposed to do.mthe post above sums it up perfectly.

But, some people are never going to like him and would rather him run around like Lee Peacock.

Best player on the pitch was Olifanjana, followed by McKenna, Rosenior, Faye, Dawson and Elmohaddy. Our best player was Buxton, it's first and second half. Ive watched this mob for 30 odd years on 75 grounds, and if Bothroyd was the best player on the pitch I've missed the point of football, and wasted a load of money.

Hull were organised, with left footers on the left, and right footers on the right. Couple of big lads at the back, big lad in midfield and plenty of movement up front. It's a simple game, but Jones appears to have forgotten that. We have an overpaid centre forward on the left wing, a 17 year old kid in midfield and a centre forward who has to score a hat trick to stay on the pitch. We came out today intent on a nil nil draw, and got exactly what we deserved. We had no plan, and I honestly couldn't tell you what our 'style' of play is. Wouldn't surprise me if we played a flat back 8 against Leeds, with 2 goalkeepers.

Jones is a man under big pressure, and he's making poor decisions.

Thought he was what he is, a technically good player Playing out wide and spending more time in his own box, in all honesty was probably down to tactics Is he what we need right now? Is Rodri, is Barkley, it seems to me that whatever vision the manager had, he decided to compromise. Either bring in the players to make his vision work or find some other way of doing things

Was his best game for us so far but.............................. posed no threat to Hull out on the wing.

He was brought in to score goals so playing him out wide is a waste. COG was left isolated in the middle playing against their defense on his own, tactics which work better away from home.

When COG went off we handed the initiative to Hull as Madine looks out of his depth / not capable of hold up play in the same way.

We need two central attackers I would try COG or Bothroyd paired with Antonio up front. That would allow JJ to play wide with the other wide position filled with a player who tracks back, probably McCabe or better still a player like Quinn.

Asthma.

I know. See earlier post.

Felt for him to be honest. Don't like to see that !!

The fella really seems to be struggling with his fitness. Should he be playing?? Probably not !!

He's got touches of class and shows good strength at times. But I'm afraid DJ is picking him

on past form unfortunately and Jay is struggling.

Like I say Jay had nice bit of banter with the North and and was saying to Lino he had been struggling to breathe.

Hope he can turn his form round and the fans get behind him and he becomes a cult figure. But he really has got to be played in his preferred position.

He showed his ability and technical quality today.

On the ball was very good.

For me however, he is completely wasted out on that right side... yes he is good with the ball at feet, yes we probably can't drop O'Grady, but Bothroyd has to be playing through the middle where he can do more damage / score the goals we need

Agree with this mate.

Guest Old Salt

He is poo pooe. I don't understand the people who say that he's class and he's quality. He has had a lot of clubs and done nothing for them. He has one England cap, big wow, England are poo pooe too.

I must go to a different match. What I saw was a fairly lazy, ineffective performance, similar to 5 or 6 others. Playing wide, never got to the line once, had no shots and created no chances. Few fancy flicks in midfield that created nothing. And Jones took him off, so he must have had similar thoughts.

Brilliant? I suppose it depends what you class as brilliant.

Think you almost certainly went to a different match .