to all the bothroyd boooooooers.

He showed his ability and technical quality today.

On the ball was very good.

For me however, he is completely wasted out on that right side... yes he is good with the ball at feet, yes we probably can't drop O'Grady, but Bothroyd has to be playing through the middle where he can do more damage / score the goals we need

Thought he stayed out wide far too much and didn't commit to getting into the box when we attacked on the opposite flank. Was a waste as JJ could have done the same job whilst giving us someone to run at them. But get the feeling that's what Jones wanted from him. As for him being good today, well he was better and wasn't his fault he was out there but was average at best.

I must go to a different match. What I saw was a fairly lazy, ineffective performance, similar to 5 or 6 others. Playing wide, never got to the line once, had no shots and created no chances. Few fancy flicks in midfield that created nothing. And Jones took him off, so he must have had similar thoughts.

Brilliant? I suppose it depends what you class as brilliant.

Guest totemowl

If he'd played up front would he have had the ball as much, or at all.

Playing on the wing allows us to make better use of him imo... but he was a bit too deep a bit too often.

Bothroyd was one of few plusses today. His control looked Premiership class and I liked the way he held the ball as if to say " you can't have it", his distribution was top class, and those long cross field balls to Antonio almost paid dividends three or four times. He also tracked back well even mopping up at left back once - in the first half. Like everyone else he dropped off in the second, but was clapped throughout the game, at half time and when he was subbed and he returned the applause. Whether he keeps playing at outside right or not remains to be seen but for now it was good to see a glimpse of his quality.

Think most of the applause was for the change rather than the player. Would have liked to see him pushed up front though with another striker, one up front at home and one out and out winger not good enough

Nah pretty certain it was for bothroyd, played well today as did a few others, lacked something though all round, killer instinct for one