Shawcross v jeffers

I am currently having to listen to a stoke mate of mine telling me what a saint shawcross is. Now as i remember it jeffers was just starting to play well for us when Shawcross scythed him from behind and crippled him, jeffers was never the same again. Does anyone have the clip of the tackle ? I remember it being atrocious and im desparate to shut this stoke fan up. He claims the tackle was a rumour ????

Shocker of a tackle and no doubt Jeffers was playing well for us (for the first time)

But in all honesty, regardless of that tackle and injury to FJ, it would have made no difference to his career here. He was and always was going to be a failure. His career before and after us says it all.

I am currently having to listen to a stoke mate of mine telling me what a saint shawcross is. Now as i remember it jeffers was just starting to play well for us when Shawcross scythed him from behind and crippled him, jeffers was never the same again. Does anyone have the clip of the tackle ? I remember it being atrocious and im desparate to shut this stoke fan up. He claims the tackle was a rumour ????

Absolutely spot on mate, FJ was having a blinder and was indeed starting to have a run of very impressive games and linking up well with Tudgay.

I went to that game with Wolfman and THAT tackle from Shawcross was atrocious and would have surely got a red card from another ref?

From that moment on and when Jeffers returned to the side, he was never the same player and had lost a bit of zip and undoubtedly confidence.

I always despair when i read criticism on here of him as they are judging him by the FJ post Shawcross.

If we had had the fortune of seeing him in his Wednesday career WITHOUT the Shawcross incident, i am sure people's opinions of him would be far more favourable. Am certain of it.

Incidentally, i think Tudgay scored a couple that day and he personally could seriously have had 6 or 7 goals we played that well.

We did the double over Stoke that season and it was their promotion year. Funny old game Saint.

Edited by Pulsar

If he thinks Shawcross is a saint hes either:

a) So blinkered in his views of Stoke players that he cant see anything;

or

b) messed up.

Either way, he aint ever going to change his views so I wouldnt bother.

Was it Shawcross who went through Mcallister in front of the North in game where Ameobi put Hinds out for the season and we named 6 loan players in the side?

That tackle was right in front of me and was disgraceful, he really could have broke his leg.

The uproar when Shawcross went through (was it Ramsey?) compared to when he broke Jeffers was annoying to say the least.

Thats Arsenal fans for you. Remember one of them saying 'teams like Stoke and Birmingham can't match us in terms of football so they have to boot us off the pitch'

Not all of them are like that but I know one who still refers to Taylor as a c*** for his mistimed tackle on Eduardo.

Funny how apart for Wednesday fans no one ever seems to mention Steve Bould's tackle on Hirst

Guest Distraught!

It was a strange thing at the time. Jeffers and Simek were out for most of that season. Jeffers' injury was a result of that tackle. Simek's injury was a result of "falling badly". But guess who got all the stick? I dread to think what it would have been like if Franny had "fallen badly".

Was the one and only game i ever remember Jeffers looking like the player he had always promised to be but never was.

Shawcross has a few scalps apart from Jeffers but that tackle was truly dreadful.

Was it Shawcross who went through Mcallister in front of the North in game where Ameobi put Hinds out for the season and we named 6 loan players in the side?

That tackle was right in front of me and was disgraceful, he really could have broke his leg.

No - I think that was Dickinson? Right infront of North Stand, near the Lep. You could see it coming a mile off and was one of the worst tackles I have ever seen. Unbelievable he only received a yellow

It was a strange thing at the time. Jeffers and Simek were out for most of that season. Jeffers' injury was a result of that tackle. Simek's injury was a result of "falling badly". But guess who got all the stick? I dread to think what it would have been like if Franny had "fallen badly".

Simek contributed a heck of a lot more to this club than Jeffers ever did. Injuries in this case are much more, erm... Accepted? Understood? Meh can't think of the word I mean.

Guest Distraught!

Simek contributed a heck of a lot more to this club than Jeffers ever did. Injuries in this case are much more, erm... Accepted? Understood? Meh can't think of the word I mean.

tolerated?