How long will Taylor last?

Guest JonTheOwl66

He's making really basic mistakes.

He's got realise he hasn't got the passing ability of Pirlo and just put it into row Z when he's under pressure.

If he put the ball into touch more instead of trying to welly/head it up the pitch he'd make fewer mistakes.

Guest OutandOutOwl

If people watch the footage again, you will see it was Semedo who missed the tackle which led to their second goal. We were clearing balls into that area in the first half with McCabe and Barkley scoffing them up and it was working. That pair are offensively and defensively better than anything with Jose Semedo in. I will willingly take anyone on with this comment- we need to play without Semedo because he just isn't good enough. His positioning is poor and his passing actually seems even worse than last year. I thank him for everything, but I'd blame him more for the goal than Taylor. I would say if McCabe hadn't got injured we would have got a point yesterday. We probs would have got 3 if we started Madine instead of Bothroyd. I don't blame Taylor, he faced two difficult opponents in K.Davis and Ngog. He also wasn't really to blame for the goals on wednesday for the goals.

Ps- no I am not Martin Taylor's dad etc

Guest eastridingowl

Can anyone else remember DJ's words after the Birmingham City match when asked about Danny Baath?

Basically DJ said he was looking for something Baath couldn't offer, in all honesty does anyone believe that Taylor has any better qualities than Baath???? I presume DJ was refering to Baath's lack of distribution skills, however I would much rather have a defender who can actually defend than a defender like Taylor, who looks like another Darren Purse to me! Personally I haven't seen a Wednesday Centrehalf partnership this season that looked anywhere near as solid as Llera & Baath from the end of last season - I do appreciate there is a massive increase in the quality between the division's, yet a defensive partnership takes time to develop and LLera & Baath already had this.

In responce to the question though, I believe Taylor will play the next three matches minimum, DJ won't want to admit he's made a mistake, similarly I also expect Boothroyd to start on saturday at wolves!!

I watched him running back accross the pitch in the first half towards the kop from a corner,

Either he has the strangest running stlye going or he's badly injured.

Are we sure this is really Martin Taylor?

No one will agree but I reckon Taylor will turn it round and be solid for the season

You are entitled to your opinion but really??

No one will agree but I reckon Taylor will turn it round and be solid for the season

I think you will be right. He is proven at this level and contrary to what some people think you don't loose your ability overnight.

It takes time to adapt at a new club and it's even harder when the team as a whole aren't playing too well.

He is a very strong character and I'm sure he will put things right.

I was surprised by how poor he was yesterday.

He looked so uncomfortable on the ball and his clearances were terrible.

Should have given a penalty away after 30 seconds and things didn't get any better from then on.

His reputation, his career so far, suggests that he is more than good enough to play in the Championship...yet then we were saying similar things about Darren Purse a few years back.

Edited by SiJ