Have we all calmed down yet?

Obviously we all hate losing, and I was just as pissed off as the next Owl yesterday, but looking back on yesterday, I don't think we were THAT bad.

We came up against a very good Bolton side only just relegated from the PL, and we had our 3rd choice full-backs on show to deal with Eagles and Davies.

It's well known that a settled defence is normally a good one - and the of the four defenders yesterday, not ONE of the six combinations (Gardner/Taylor, Gardner/Lee, Gardner/Jones, Taylor/Lee, Taylor/Jones, Lee/Jones) had played together in any match before. That's quite amazing, and it wasn't out of choice - we all know DJ's preferred full-backs are Buxton and Reda. Once they're back fit, it'll be great to see the defence settle down a bit.

Barkley seemed less nervous, so hopefully we'll start to see the best of him.

Bothroyd disappointed again but he's not match fit, and he's not getting the service. I've been saying for a long time we needed a Keith Treacy type of player that can cross from anywhere - we haven't got the type of player. All our wingers are the direct, pacy type who get their head down and head for goal. We need a bit more creativity out wide, and Pecnik isn't the answer. If we can get Treacy back on loan i'd be a bit more happy.

Rodri has shown a few good touches, and again, I reckon he just needs to adapt. He's played SIX games in English football so far.

O'Grady, for all his hustle and bustle, isn't the answer to our problems.

The answer is patience - the likes of Taylor, Bothroyd, Gardner etc... have a very good pedigree in this division and they won't have just turned bad overnight.

Southampton on Tuesday gives us a chance of getting another 90 minutes under our belt as a unit.

I'm amazed that the first rumblings of discontent with Dave Jones have started to appear already - FOUR games ago he was the messiah.

Our winless run might stretch to 6,7 or 8 games, but I reckon he's earned our trust, and I reckon, in time, we'll turn it around.

Guest foreverSWFC

I made a thread about not having a different type of winger yesterday.

We don't seem to have a Marshall/Treacy type who can float or fizz balls in to our front line, i don't know if Mayor is this sort of player, but he's not having a look in. Bothroyd and Madine wouldsocre alot more goals for us if htey had Marshall providing service on the wings.

We need a winger with a good delivery.

We don't seem to have a Marshall/Treacy type who can float or fizz balls in to our front line, i don't know if Mayor is this sort of player, but he's not having a look in. Bothroyd and Madine wouldsocre alot more goals for us if htey had Marshall providing service on the wings.

I think that teams have wised up pretty quickly to our major attacking outlet i.e. give it to either Antonio and JJ and let them run really fast at people.

Much as we're all disappointed, on paper my expectations would have been:

Palace - draw

Brighton - lose

Huddersfield - win

Bolton - lose.

So we're 4 points behind what we might reasonably have expected. In the context of a season, most of those points can be won back by an unexpected victory. Anything can happen in this league - and often does.

I don't buy into a mass panic and do think we'll settle but the players need to get more in the faces of the opposition, work their socks off for each other and start performing. Feeling sorry for themselves or posting on twitter is not going to help one bit - time for head down and hard work.

Yesterday for me showed that we can hold our own in this division... not as disapointed as I was on wednesday

On Wednesday we had 22 shots on goal, were very unlucky with a couple of refereeing decisions and unfortunate not to get at least a point.

Yesterday we were dire, if their keeper wasn't a big ginger idiot in a pink babygrow - I wouldn't have even noticed him playing.

We as a fan base need to grow up.

We've come on a million miles as a club in a short time and this is the first time for a longtime when things are not going our way.

Yes, maybe too many new players have been given first team shirts at once.

But the over reaction is cringeworthy.

Think back a few months and i for one would have given my right arm to be able to look forward to playing Wolves next week.

Lets not blow it, by being a bunch of f@nnies and moan at the first thing.

Jones will get it right, lets try and enjoy it.

What worries me more than the performance is the lack of application and togetherness . Last season the team won , celebrated , dug in and lost as one unit . When we scored most of our players just wandered off back to our own half yesterday . We seem to have a team of very good individuals but id rather have a team of less talented but in it together players .

What worries me more than the performance is the lack of application and togetherness . Last season the team won , celebrated , dug in and lost as one unit . When we scored most of our players just wandered off back to our own half yesterday . We seem to have a team of very good individuals but id rather have a team of less talented but in it together players .

Bang on mate ^^^^^^^^^^^

Guest JonTheOwl66

Agree.

Unfortunately, players like Marshall don't turn up very often and he wanted to play Championship football.