Tango's Corner 1930's Style

lol - it was even knackered in the programme adverts - what's '6' got to do with the score/owt?

We always referred to the kop section as the baby pen, and the triangle was the NW corner

To be fair - I think that was Ken Knighton's shirt number and he had scored to keep us in the 2nd Division for one more agonising season! :duntmatter:

I actually went in that old north stand as a young kid. Great to see these old photos.

I sat in there with my mum for years and we used to get in about 1.30 to get a seat where you could see both goals because there were not one but two roof supports in the way as you can see in the picture. Also with it being totally made of wood everybody banged their feet on the floor to make a loud booming sound at appropriate moments.

Bloody hell dunsby, wow! just seen the pic, and that is absolutely magnificent!, great picture!

BTW them houses nearest to the stadium went in the early 90's to make way for the new Owls store and car park but further up along Penistone Rd Nth they still remain, along with Neils old chip shop (now a Chinese)

Yes I'

that looks quality,wish i was really old wud av loved to be goin to the games in them days

Yes I'm so glad I'm old enough to say I was there. Can't think of too many other advantages though.

Also notice the twin roofs on the old North stand. The ball regularly got stuck up there and they'd have to send for a shiny new one, in those days they didn't have loads of spares around the sides.

Guest owl_be_back

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item2a230d8ede

I've got some cracking old original vintage wednesday postcards for sale Dunsby!!

Click on link above and view my other items for sale

all date from 1896 to 1924 all the portrait photo's are signed in fountain pen by each individual player

I Also have an original newspaper poster of the 1907 fa cup teams

Edited by owl_be_back