Tango's Corner 1930's Style

That's Christmas presents sorted.

Cheers!

Both well out of print Complete Record dates from 1987 and was updated by Jason Dickenson last year. "Wednesday every Day of the Week" was from 1998 (I got it remaindered at the Works in Meadowhell). Keep looking on Ebay - they appear on there from time to time.

that corner used to be called the Kiddies Corner in the early sixties and had a shelf running along the outside that I used to stand on...had a great view from there...pity there isn't a photo

OMG Davey you are absolutely right. I sometimes used to stand on that too but had forgot all about it. It's good to relive those memories, seems a bit like a dream to me now.

Guest darryl9999

Or on here

A home match with Carlisle in 1973 - Isn't the North empty? I checked looked like there was 15,080 ( that would be a "Nearly 20,000 at the Lane in 2012) - perhaps they were all stood on the Kop?

1973carlisle.jpg

With little or no away support, we just used to stand/sit anywhere in the ground. Our spot was in the triangle on the Leppings Lane end. Ultra's? Pah! Old hat if you asked me. And sitting in the stands?????? Anyway, somebody had to catch Joicey's goal attempts; the club couldn't afford to be replacing balls every two minutes :wacko: But alls well that ends well. All you "genuine" fans came flooding back when things started to improve.

Or on here

A home match with Carlisle in 1973 - Isn't the North empty? I checked looked like there was 15,080 ( that would be a "Nearly 20,000 at the Lane in 2012) - perhaps they were all stood on the Kop?

1973carlisle.jpg

Are those letters the ones that you lot are always banging on about?