Semedo (& Llera)

And to think I got ruined in another thread for slating beevers. Semedo isn't championship class in all honesty but does a job.

Think we were all caught up in the wave when we thoughy we are anything better then mid table fodder.

Bit worried on evidence of last 2 games.

Pretty amazing how quickly people turn on players.

We've played 5 games at this level and people have already decided who is and who isn't good enough.

Not really.

I've allowed 5 league games to be played now, all of which I've been to. I've tried to give all players a fair chance and judge them fairly. I fully understand that players take time to adjust the various levels and types of football. However, Semedo has looked out of his depth in all but about two halves of football so far in Championship football. I had my doubts before the season about quite a few players and Semedo is included in that, despite his brilliant season last year. You know I don't post reactionary judgements based on one game here and there. I'm judging him on them all so far and so far, it's simply not good enough. Not even close IMO.

Edited by BRADDAZ

Well I'll probably get to see them again twice this week and will be able to give a much better judgement.

A midfield pairing of Barkley and McCabe sounds too young and lightweight to me, but that is just an opinion.

If you're good enough, you're old enough and all that. (sorry for the cliche).

But it's a midfield pairing that excites me and I think 'could' work. That's going on what I've seen of McCabe and what I've heard about Barkley.

I hope to see it against Huddersfield.

Edited by BRADDAZ

I'd consider a change of formation...away from home certainly

............................................Kirkland........................................

Lee...................Taylor.........................Beevers...........Mattock

.........................................Semedo...........................................

.....................McCabe..........................Barkley..........................

Antonio....................................................................Johnson....

......................................Bothroyd..............................................

I'd consider a change of formation...away from home certainly

............................................Kirkland........................................

Lee...................Taylor.........................Beevers...........Mattock

.........................................Semedo...........................................

.....................McCabe..........................Barkley..........................

Antonio....................................................................Johnson....

......................................Bothroyd..............................................

Been saying this for a few weeks now, even say Pecnic for Antonio or JJ away from home.

Must admit I've always had massive doubts about Llera as a defender. Yes, his distribution is fantastic, but whenever his name was on the teamsheet I was worried about defensive lapses. There's a reason why he came with a lot of criticism from previous clubs. He joined us when we were in brilliant form and didn't come under the cosh much defensively.

With regards to Semedo, he's outstanding at the job he does. I'm just not sure whether that job neccesarily fits with how Jones is playing us now.

We are playing with 2 out and out wingers and 2 full backs out of position against a good settled Championship side.

Antonio and JJ want to go one way and thats forward, Beevers at left back and Mattock at right back is not ideal.

I remember Megson last season playing JJ on the wing alongside the manager so he could shout at him to get back and cover.

And I agree once we can play players in their correct position we'll start to improve. Hopefully Buxton at RB and Mattock at LB

Poor start to the season? Couldn't disagree more.

Llera I agree defensively hes been poor. Offensively he has been great. But I think Gardner and Taylor need to start the next game.

Kieran Lee has to start Buxon hasn't been up to it and Mattock needs to he left back not right back.

Barkley needs to start has so much to offer.

Antonio needs to be dropped as he's not looking like the same player possibly Mayor to come in?

And I like the front two of Rodri and Bothroyd there is goals there as well as being able to work for us when we are defending.

Madine has to go. Absolutely not offered anything and continuously gets fans sticking up for him despite lacklustre performances. He has had one run of goal scoring since he's been here other than that he's never consistently scored and unless he's scoring he offers nothing.

Think Semedo has had to do the work of 2 men at times and is therefore getting over run. However even last season I noticed a tendency for him to get carried away at times and go ahead of his mid field partner, especially in the closing moments of the 4-4 with Huddersfield.

Liera I think is good on he ball but lacking a little defensively. He would suit a back 3 as the spare / non marking man