Semedo (& Llera)

poo pooe tonight again, on top of a very very poor start to the season.

Chasing shadows when we're out of possession and when in it, offers little when he doesn't have the ball and when he does, he's far too slow to use it.

I think he'll be chopped soon.

Oh, and major doubts over Llera too. Good in possession, takes a mean free kick and corner. Can score a goal. Liability defensively at times.

No doubt I'll get negged to **** now.

Llera and Semedo might need time to adjust to a higher level of football.

We are conceeding goals so the defensive players will take the hit but Antonio's not been the same player either.

Lets give them time.

Guest Sheff Owl

Semedo is a very good player and i really like him but agree he hasn't started the season to well.

In League One you can get away with a lot but in the Championship it's so much tougher because Semedo does so much work, chasing etc he is getting caught out of position quite a bit and with the quality in this league it's so easy to find gaps and pick people off.

I really think a formation change could be the way forward.

As for Llera another i like but like others in defence he's very slow - we need to get some pace in defence.

As for llera taking corners i'm not sure about that, i think i would rather have him in the box where he has scored vital goals for us.

Semedo has set off in a similiar vain to what Whelan did.

All the things he was doing well he's doing badly. Trying too hard to impress at this level?

I reckon it'll take a good few games before he's "back".

As for Llera. He isn't our best centre back by a long way and when Gardner is 100%, if thats possible, then i think he drop straight out of the team.

Love the guy to bits and he bleeds blue and white, but he isn't good enough to cut it at this level over 46 games.

I think defensively in general we are very weak. Compare our back four to Brighton's and apart from Taylor I think the rest are better than what we have.

Our defence will be our downfall this season.

We have made alot of changes.

We are playing against better teams.

Our side looks so much better on paper but we are struggling with fitness.

Buxton, Lee, Mattock, Gardner and Reda are all players who could start but have had injuries.

The Championship is about consistency and a settled side helps with this.

We need to find out our best 11, i think we are a long way off doing so.

Perhaps we are trying to progress too quickly, too many changes, losing some momentum in the progress.

I do think though that we have a manager who is very capable and will get us sorted.

I agree to a degree but lets see how we fair against Huddersfield, we were poor against Palace and we seemed poor again tonight, Brighton didn't seem like they had to use all their gears too, but that said they are decent and will be up there.

My concern is the amount of goals we are conceding and our away form is starting to look shocking, lets not forget we got out of jail in the last minute at Derby.

Guest StamfordOwl

Unfortunately i think the player DJ was referring to the other week was Semedo. He isn't his kind of 'style' player. Semedo has been great for this football club in league one but i think that's where he deserves to stay (where he is at his best)

As for Llera, he is the same as Reda.... effective going forward but rubbish defending, cannot mark or handle to championship strikers. Part of me regrets letting Rob Jones go as he was a no non-sense defender. Anyhow onwards and upwards and lets all get behind the lads and HOPEFULLY bounce back on wednesday.

Semedo's getting too much stick here.

We are playing with 2 out and out wingers and 2 full backs out of position against a good settled Championship side.

Antonio and JJ want to go one way and thats forward, Beevers at left back and Mattock at right back is not ideal.

We are not at our strongest yet, give it time.

I agree to a degree but lets see how we fair against Huddersfield, we were poor against Palace and we seemed poor again tonight, Brighton didn't seem like they had to use all their gears too, but that said they are decent and will be up there.

My concern is the amount of goals we are conceding and our away form is starting to look shocking, lets not forget we got out of jail in the last minute at Derby.

The amount of goals we are conceding is worrying and the fact that it doesn't seem to matter who plays at the back as to how well we defend suggests it is a tactical issue rather than blaming individuals.

It is always going to be tough to get results away when we constantly concede the first goal but to say we got out of jail at Derby is a bit misleading given that we thoroughly deserved at least a point from that game, regardless of the timing of the equaliser.

As per the thread I started, I would drop Semedo for a game, just to show that he is not guaranteed a start. Barkley & McCabe on Wednesday night.

We are still lacking the creativity from the centre of the pitch and we need to play full backs at full back in their right full back position !!!

Guest Nejc_Pe�nik

I don't see why Dave Jones has had semedo playing more devensivly at home, and then playing him in a more attacking role away.

We look carpet when he's not back to defend.