Gary Madine

He is neither an established championship striker or a failure at this level.

We're 4 games in, he's scored 1 and made 1, not played in every game.

People should stop focusing on individuals and enjoy a great start and a great run overall under DJ.

Owt else is stupid.

You may have a case. What happened with the offside/ not offside thing with madine anyway? I stayed sat down because I saw the flag

Linesman flagged (incorrectly) and Madine stopped. Ref didn't blow though.

In theory Madine should have played to the whistle - but I'd bet money he would have been booked for kicking the ball away if he did. And the anti-Madine brigade would have multi testicleed him

Guest Sweet&TenderOwl

I fear that whatever he achieves it won't be enough for some

He is quality and I'd rather him be in our team than one of our rivals

Well said. Plus didn't DJ himself, say that he wanted Madine or was interested in him, whilst he was managing Cardiff. DJ rates him and believes him and I'm sure he'll start scoring again. The lad is a good striker with time on his side.

Guest aj_owl

Well said. Plus didn't DJ himself, say that he wanted Madine or was interested in him, whilst he was managing Cardiff. DJ rates him and believes him and I'm sure he'll start scoring again. The lad is a good striker with time on his side.

Couldn't have done anymore tonight to prove himself IMHO.

Your completly right of course the guys still young.

In theory Madine should have played to the whistle - but I'd bet money he would have been booked for kicking the ball away if he did. And the anti-Madine brigade would have multi testicleed him

Thats probably true, but really the only way that the ref can override a linesmans decision is if the players play to the refs whistle.

If he puts it in and still gets booked despite no whistle then the only person fans should be complaining at is the man in the middle.

Not good enough for championship but too good for premiership defenders work that one out you half empty lobbers who probably didn't go tonight x

That's the thing

They won't have been there tonight

Sit slagging goal machine off - then don't go and support their own team in the cup - then slag Madine off without seeing him boss the frontline tonight

Booooooooo......

Owlstalk Shop

He wouldnt have been booked as the ref wouldnt have blown his whistle, he played on (correctly)

Thats probably true, but really the only way that the ref can override a linesmans decision is if the players play to the refs whistle.

If he puts it in and still gets booked despite no whistle then the only person fans should be complaining at is the man in the middle.

but he's not Spanish and he's been here more than five minutes so he's an easy target for the half empty brigade

big difference tonight was no JJ. You think how much running Madine has to do to get in the box for JJ breaks and Antonio on the other side and 99% of the time for no end result. Today he led the line and did well, no critisism of anyone just praise for the lad where deserved

big difference tonight was no JJ. You think how much running Madine has to do to get in the box for JJ breaks and Antonio on the other side and 99% of the time for no end result. Today he led the line and did well, no critisism of anyone just praise for the lad where deserved

Interesting point, might be something in that....