This team...

Guest JonTheOwl66

Guest JonTheOwl66

Could it potentially be one of the best teams since 92?

Coming away from Hillsborough, I was actually slightly worried about how good we were. I don't remember such a convincing night performance as that, and it should have been 3-0 to us in all honesty.

Birmingham aren't a bad side at all, but we made them look rubbish. As many have said on here, Burke was a problem but we handled him reasonably well. Up top, Rodri showed some glimpses of absolute class. I'm extremely excited to see more of this guy.

In McCabe and Semedo, I feel we have the best central midfield pairing for flipping years. Last night Semedo was his usual self and McCabe looked calm and composed.

In goal, Chris Kirkland looks an excellent signing. He pulled off save after save last night, many of which were all excellently struck and came because of some slight defensive lapses.

I am very excited to see more of this team. I don't know what you guys thought, but last night was awesome. Like really awesome. I wasn't expecting a result last night, but to comfortably come out with 3 points against a very good Birmingham side is just fantastic.

Guest Colicab85

Yeah. It was top class. I've not been to hillsborough for a while.

My heyday if you like was 2000 to 2006 before I went off to Uni, so I can't really comment in what went before. But I've never seen Wednesday play like that. Shame they scored as 3-2 really flattered them.

Mega impressed. By McCabe mostly. His touch and awareness is excellent. Don't wana get ahead of mi sen but this season could be fun.

Edited by Colicab85

Perhaps the biggest cause for excitement is the age of the team! Players like Antonio, Rodri, Madine, McCabe are all likely to have off days as inconsistency is rife within younger players BUT they are all still improving. As the season continues they'll get better and better.

Could it potentially be one of the best teams since 92?

Coming away from Hillsborough, I was actually slightly worried about how good we were. I don't remember such a convincing night performance as that, and it should have been 3-0 to us in all honesty.

Birmingham aren't a bad side at all, but we made them look rubbish. As many have said on here, Burke was a problem but we handled him reasonably well. Up top, Rodri showed some glimpses of absolute class. I'm extremely excited to see more of this guy.

In McCabe and Semedo, I feel we have the best central midfield pairing for flipping years. Last night Semedo was his usual self and McCabe looked calm and composed.

In goal, Chris Kirkland looks an excellent signing. He pulled off save after save last night, many of which were all excellently struck and came because of some slight defensive lapses.

I am very excited to see more of this team. I don't know what you guys thought, but last night was awesome. Like really awesome. I wasn't expecting a result last night, but to comfortably come out with 3 points against a very good Birmingham side is just fantastic.

Enough of this match reporting malarkey, any transfer news?

Edited by longreach

I was gutted that Bham scored at all. They didnt deserve to, and im gutted King scored the pen. Them only losing by 1 goal really did flatter them.

Rodri looks incredible, cant believe how easily he fitted in. Im not going to get too excited though as its only 1 game.

Wasnt too sure with McCabe, think he needs a few more games.

Reda was brilliant

JJ was brilliant

OGrady was brilliant

Semedo was brilliant

Beevers was brilliant

Kirkland made a few good saves, but it says something when we are playing against that Bham side and he didnt have a massive ammount to do.

We're getting close to a generation that has not seen a good even decent Wednesday side.

I hope to christ this is the start of something good - for the newer generation of fans. I think it is, its a while since we've looked as good as we do

agree with all of the above, best team in years , McCabe reminds me of a mixture of Sheridan and Hyde rolled into one, there was a point in the game when McCabe was shielding the ball for ever and there was no way he was going to be shoved of it, 18 omg he going to be a star,

there was times in the first half that i had to pinch myself to make sure it was real

Cant wait for Saturday

We're getting close to a generation that has not seen a good even decent Wednesday side.

I hope to christ this is the start of something good - for the newer generation of fans. I think it is, its a while since we've looked as good as we do

yea my eldest son is 22 and he never has seen a young Wednesday side

that changed last night

I was gutted that Bham scored at all. They didnt deserve to, and im gutted King scored the pen. Them only losing by 1 goal really did flatter them.

Rodri looks incredible, cant believe how easily he fitted in. Im not going to get too excited though as its only 1 game.

Reda was brilliant

JJ was brilliant

OGrady was brilliant

Semedo was brilliant

Beevers was brilliant

Kirkland made a few good saves, but it says something when we are playing against that Bham side and he didnt have a massive ammount to do.

Unsure abut McCabe??? What???

Reda was brilliant

JJ was brilliant

OGrady was brilliant

Semedo was brilliant

Beevers was brilliant

Unsure abut McCabe??? What???

THIS. Absolutely incredible, were you even watching the game, McCabe showed a maturity beyond his years. Composed on the ball and positioning and work rate off the ball were top class.

Were you the wee wee tail sat behind me in the Kop by any chance, claiming that we were going to lose because Brimingham had the better of the first 5 mins of the second half. unbelievable

I didn't think McCabe was excellent like some on here, thought he had a nervy first half. Still, he showed me that he has quality and there is plenty more to come from him. Can't believe he's 19.

Nervy first half? he didnt have to do anything first half as we totally dominated and the only threat birmingham posed was down the right wing or the long ball over the top to King.

Nervy first half? he didnt have to do anything first half as we totally dominated and the only threat birmingham posed was down the right wing or the long ball over the top to King.

His first few passes were astray as were his first couple of corners, he settled after and had a good game. Also made a superb run and reda nearly found him, i really like the look of him.

His first few passes were astray as were his first couple of corners, he settled after and had a good game. Also made a superb run and reda nearly found him, i really like the look of him.

Agree with the corner thing, however lets put it into perspective this was only his 11th Senior appearance. His first at home for a MASSIVE new team, he was bound to have a few nerves.

If every pass he made went to feet, if every corner was perfect and he never made a mistake he would not be playing for us and thats a fact.

He is a great prospect, but lets not expect too much from the lad too soon.

WOAH! I thought he looked pretty good for a home debut match, but needs a bit more time to settle in. Couple of decent corners, and a few really good passes. I thought he was quite quiet, but maybe that was just because ALL of bhams play went through Burke.

I think he will grow into a really good player TBH, just needs a bit of time. Can see him and Semedo being 1st choice.

I was saying last nigh - feel like the early 90's....