Beevers

I reckon he will be one of the first names on the team sheet by mid season.

It's an odd situation for me ...

Last season I felt more comfortable seeing Rob Jones on the team sheet, than Beevers. However, when I saw the team news last night, I felt more comfortable knowing Beevers was playing instead of Gardner - Maybe due to Nicola Zigic, I don't know

made an effort to keep a close eye on McCabe and was very surprised when i saw Beevers actually passing the ball to him rather than just kicking it anywhere, this allowed us to play the passing game (controlled by McCabe). The Beevers/Llera partnership should be our first choice because Gardner hasn't looked all that so far

Beevers has been a different class since returning from MK Dons and playing under DJ

He was always pretty solid but quite limited. Since then he's played at left-back pretty well, offered more going forward and improved his distribution (this still needs a bit of work tbh)

Guest shortpebble

Good performance from Beevers but if people thought he was better than llera then they clearly were not at the game! Llera never puts a foot wrong at cb, class act and definitely our unsung hero. Beevers to keep his place ahead of Gardner for me but I do worry when king got the wrong side of him a few times he didn't have the pace so he was pulling him down and on another day could have had one or two bookings.