Kirkland

It was such an action packed game that nobody has really mentioned it so I thought that I would.

At 2-0 down, Kirkland made an awesome save after about 35 minutes. I turned to my mate straight away and said that I thought it would be a turning point. And so it turned out to be.

He looks like a super signing to me- does everything with a minimum of fuss and has such authority around the penalty box. On top of that, he has made a couple of stunning saves in his first two games already.

I love Bywater to bits and he is a decent keeper at Championship level and fantastic back-up to have...but Kirkland looks a huge improvement on him to be brutally honest.

Oh, but somebody give him a good meal. His upper body and arms look like Peter Crouch!

The ball went out of play for abit he turned round and just looked at all of us Wednesday fans taking it all in with a massive smile on his face! Top keeper great signing

I bet he is loving it.

I'm sure that he thought that when he moved to Liverpool as a teenager, that he thought that days like today would be the norm.

Now I know that he has played a few seasons in the Prem for Wigan, but Wigan will never have away support like that even if they get into flipping Europe.

It was such an action packed game that nobody has really mentioned it so I thought that I would.

At 2-0 down, Kirkland made an awesome save after about 35 minutes. I turned to my mate straight away and said that I thought it would be a turning point. And so it turned out to be.

He looks like a super signing to me- does everything with a minimum of fuss and has such authority around the penalty box. On top of that, he has made a couple of stunning saves in his first two games already.

I love Bywater to bits and he is a decent keeper at Championship level and fantastic back-up to have...but Kirkland looks a huge improvement on him to be brutally honest.

Oh, but somebody give him a good meal. His upper body and arms look like Peter Crouch!

Odd physique but the reason why he has played at the top is because he seems to be able to combine his stature with some agility.

Its usually a throw up between a keeper like Grant or ROD who are very agile and less commanding or a keeper who has a big frame and commands the area like Bywater (who doesnt always try and dive enough for me).

I think Weaver also has a bit of both, but injuries have ruined him even moreso than Kirkland.

He's class, you can just tell.

Might seem a strange thing to say...but he just looks like a really good goalkeeper.

Really hope he can stay fit and show how good he is.

He is a good goalkeeper, no doubting that.

As you say, its the fitness thing. Its like Anthony Gardner too.

Guest Bald Owl

No brutality there, as I said in a recent post he's a class above anything we've had for years!