An apology to Chris O'Grady

Guest Askham89

Well played cog!! definitely deserves a start on Saturday he ran his socks off tonight and after a bit of question over his ability at champ level I for 1 would give the lad a chance at least

COG looked he was out to prove a point tonigh, and he was immense. Still needs to prove himself in the Championship and i still don't think he will be good enough to start for us next season, although he now deserves a starting place against Derby.

Now that i agree with. He deserved the doubt at times last season. I don't quite understand how people always have always had faith - I, for one, didn't see enough to justify that. But fair play, he deserves renewed faith this season. I'd like to see him do well. Means more when a player has had a journey with you than just parachuted in to instant success.

One of the big differences today was we played him as he should be played. A big target man who holds up the ball in the first phase of the attacks, lays it off (or wins a throw) and then moves up to get on the end of the second phase to have a shot.

Last season, when we played him alongside Madine, he didn't really get to do that role and had to track back to win ball or run into channels which doesn't suit him.

If he gets a run alongside McGuire or Pecnik (both of whole play deeper) then we may get more games like today. But if he plays alongside Madine, he may be forced to go back to the workhorse role where he rarely scores.

Always had faith. Backed him all the way. All i said he needed was a couple of goals. Which he now has, looks hungry, and hes got some speed on him. Chriiissyyy o'grady - does any 1 know the full lyrics????

Chrissy O'Grady,

Chrissy O'Grady,

Oh Chrissy Chrissy O'Grady,

Chrissy Chrissy O'Grady is rogering better than Adam LeFondre,

Here we,

Here we,

Here we rogering go

Guest Hudders Owl87

Personally I think GILES COKE deserves a shout out and possibly a start on Saturday as for COG, both had the hunger and desire which was lacking in the 1st half. If they both can maintain that sort of form then Lines and madine/maguire will have to up there game big style. Hope they don't get shipped out!!!!!!

lol:milan: :madine:

Guest justcraig

I've said it before and I'll say it again, COGBA does all the dirty work up front, all the unselfish stuff that allow others to score!

He reminds me of the way Paul Williams used to link up with hirst! He'll bag 10 - 12 goals a season himself, but his strength and link up play between midfield and attack, coupled with his wing distribution is 2nd to none in the owls squad!

He's a good player, a player any team with grit and determination desperately needs! Look how he brought the wide players into the game today!

I think i would start with O’Grady and Maguire up front and Coke in midfield against Derby but hey what do i know i’d be the Manager if i was that good so i will leave it up to Dave Jones who looked like he had a wry smile upon his face tonight and who wouldn’t with a decent squad to choose from?

People are acting like COG was poo pooe last season. He wasn't, he was constantly praised by Megson throughout the season. His performances against united home and away were awesome and Scod canyonhorpe away (i think)

This is going to be controversial but if we were to secure an out and out striker who poaches goal and will bag 25 to 30 goals this season, maybe COG is the one he should be playing next to and not Madine. :st2:

I have not been a fan of COG but will give credit where it's due - he was excellent last night and he did most things right. His second goal was superb.

If he can add goals to his game like he did last night then he will be a major asset. I also warmed to him further due to his interview. Poor pad was nervous as hell.

I'd love him to really come good this season and as I say add goals to his game. 3 in pre season plus 2 last night bodes very well. Well done COG

If Chris keeps this up over the season he will have a number of people including myself eating humble pie. He has looked incredibly sharp pre-season and was MOTM by a distance last night. Dave Jones will be included in that group too but I think the fact Chris missed out on the run in last season has given him some fire in his belly and more incentive to improve. I hope that us doubters are proved wrong. Mon the big man!

Guest kiltonowl

People are acting like COG was poo pooe last season. He wasn't, he was constantly praised by Megson throughout the season. His performances against united home and away were awesome and Scod canyonhorpe away (i think)

This is going to be controversial but if we were to secure an out and out striker who poaches goal and will bag 25 to 30 goals this season, maybe COG is the one he should be playing next to and not Madine. :st2:

I agree mate, people who were sayin he was sh ite becuase of his goals per game ratio clearly dont know what theyre talking about. He's a big lad, can hold up the ball but he's also got good technique and can dribble a bit. He definately deserves a starting role on Saturday.