An apology to Chris O'Grady

I no it was only sheffield fc but when i saw him against them he was awesome. i said all along don't get rid. i read all the threads about how he wasn't going to be good enough but i think he will.he only just signed last season so hes had 1 season to settle now he's ready. mark my words he is ready. Uto. can't wait till Saturday x

I also need to eat a little humble pie regarding COG, He was different class tonight. With a first touch and hold up play like that and coupled with a few goals which i expect him to get now under DJ`s style, He will be fine in the championship. Well done Chris O`Grady, Top bloke also.

Guest Sniper1

COG was superb tonight against Oldham of League One.

Lets not get too excited.

We still need 2 more strikers a Centre midfielder, a centre back and a left winger.

Big of you, Ecclesall. I was a doubter, and will remain one, until I see it replicated on a more regular basis and against better opposition.

But tonight proves that he deserves his chance, and even if he doesn't become a goalscorer for us, he is a useful player to have at our disposal.

Strikes me as a worker so I hope Jones is getting him to look at his weaknesses. Couple went across the face and he was on his heels. If he could learn when to gamble and add that to his game - well, different proposition altogether.

Big of you, Ecclesall. I was a doubter, and will remain one, until I see it replicated on a more regular basis and against better opposition.

But tonight proves that he deserves his chance, and even if he doesn't become a goalscorer for us, he is a useful player to have at our disposal.

Strikes me as a worker so I hope Jones is getting him to look at his weaknesses. Couple went across the face and he was on his heels. If he could learn when to gamble and add that to his game - well, different proposition altogether.

All I wanted to see from him is score some goals, he wasn't doing it enough. I'm more than happy to see him stay now and fight for a place.

All I wanted to see from him is score some goals, he wasn't doing it enough. I'm more than happy to see him stay now and fight for a place.

Yeah, I've pretty much shared your views on COG and Coke. Goals won't come as easy in the Champiosnhip. Tonight's reminded me of the Scunny double. I want to see him score a few under a bit more pressure and with a bit less space, and I'll start to become a convert and think he's a Championship solution.

Fair play OP.

I doubted his goals and I still think he will be hit and miss, but a player as strong as COG will be vital as we try and adapt to this league. Someone to put themselves about and take the pressure off us.

Were going to need goals though if we keep defending like we did tonight.

great strikers arent the ones who score 3 against an already defeated side, its the ones who will get you the all important goal in a vital game/ score a gamechanging goal. I think by now COG has proved he should at least be given a chance at cc level :rolleyes:

Harewood or COG?

Can't even believe that debate took place.

One thing being proved, COG deserving a chance, doesn't necessarily disprove that Harewood would have contributed. Binary opposition doesn't really apply to football. COG has put in performances similar tonight, a few times in the past, wait until it's done a few more times before you crow and claim to have been vindicated.

Guest foreverSWFC

One thing being proved, COG deserving a chance, doesn't necessarily disprove that Harewood would have contributed. Binary opposition doesn't really apply to football. COG has put in performances similar tonight, a few times in the past, wait until it's done a few more times before you crow and claim to have been vindicated.

COG looked he was out to prove a point tonigh, and he was immense. Still needs to prove himself in the Championship and i still don't think he will be good enough to start for us next season, although he now deserves a starting place against Derby.