The team of '05

Guest Reneowlsup

Nope was stoke.

Finished 0-0

We had 10 men, cant seem to remember who was sent off, possibly hills. And i have a feeling that ricardo fuller smashed the penalty over? anyone confirm that?

They had 10 men. Gerry Taggart was sent off if memory serves.

Gerry Taggart sent of early on for smashing Leon Best. We battled hard, good point against a decent Stoke side.

Kirkland,Buxton,Gardener,Llera,Mattock,Brunt,Whelen,Semado,Antinio,Madine,Best.

Bench McGuire,Bywater,Lee,Johnson,Johnson

Gerry Taggart sent of early on for smashing Leon Best. We battled hard, good point against a decent Stoke side.

Oh yeah there player got a red card.

I recall there penalty and knew a red card was given. Had a feeling it was when the penalty was given.

Brilliant day that.

Bus ride to the ground was brilliant. Wheels must have been bouncing off the road.

Remember waiting for half an hour in a queue for a pint in a building opposite the station and they shut the rogering bar as I got to the front! There was a wedding in one of the rooms aswell, and when we got on the coach a load of the lads were singing "Get your boobies out for the lads" to the bride!

Who are these three you've added?

What a sh*t team that is.

Only Brunt, Whelan and Simek would get in our entire squad at present as they were at the time. Eagles has gone on and done well since but he was crap when we had him, apart from his final game at Burnley away (I think it was?).

Starting a Championship season with Craig Rocastle.. deary me.

Sturrock worked miracles keeping that side up. We are better now in every position other than left mid and Whelan's position (which is arguable depending on how well McCabe does).

What a sh*t team that is.

Only Brunt, Whelan and Simek would get in our entire squad at present as they were at the time. Eagles has gone on and done well since but he was crap when we had him, apart from his final game at Burnley away (I think it was?).

Starting a Championship season with Craig Rocastle.. deary me.

Sturrock worked miracles keeping that side up. We are better now in every position other than left mid and Whelan's position (which is arguable depending on how well McCabe does).

i liked Eagles, I thought he was alright. Didn't he score two or thee goals from near enough the half way line?

Based on how good they were at the time

Goalkeeper David Lucas < Kirkland

Defender Frankie Simek = Buxton

Defender/Centre back Richard Wood = Llera

Defender/Centre back Graeme Lee < Gardner

Defender/Left back John Hills < Reda/Mattock

Midfielder Chris Brunt > M.Jones/JJ/Pecnik

Midfielder Craig Rocastle <<<<<<<<< SEMEDO

Midfielder Glenn Whelan = Lines

Midfielder Chris Eagles = Antonio

Forward Lee Peacock < Madine

Forward Leon Best > Maguire

I think Graeme Lee must have entered a black hole in my head as i have absolutely no memory of him playing for us, or if he was any good.

There a couple of decent players on that list Brunt, Whelan and maybe Simek for me but agree the point we have a much better squad coming into the championship this time round