Best 'look who I bumped into' ever

A couple of years ago when we were relegated we played United near the end of the season, the 'we'll never play you again' game.

After the game an old school mate spotted me at Hillsborough Corner (I say mate - he was actually a fat shuffleer who used to pick on me cos I was a scrawny kid who supported Wednesday - the term 'pick on someone your own size' was invented for this thrower).

He came over with a smug look on his face and screamed in my face "You're going DOWNNNNN", which brought snorts of delights from his Burberry wearing neanderthal mates.

I never forgot that moment, partly because of the foam and spittle that entered my respiratory system, mostly because he was your typical pig - that will have been the only game he went to that season.

Anyway, I know he still lives in the village but I haven't seen him for a while. Until this morning.

On my way to the Post Office, I saw in front of me a bloke, *** in one hand, twin pram in the other, with a 1990's United shirt the one with diamonds instead of stripes) stretching round his rotund gut.

I was willing him into the Post Office as that was where I was headed - and my wish came true.

I got the drink I was after and made sure I alligned myself alongside him at the till - me at the shop counter, him at the Post Office counter.

I was just about to pipe up when he muttered "Can I put this giro in my current account please" to the woman.

Then he turned round and saw me - without saying a word he turned back round and started sifting through the bargain bin full of out of date Monster Munch next to him.

"Looking forward to the new season?" I asked, pointing to his shirt. "Oh ey up mate, haven't seen you for a while - nah i'm not too bothered any more, I haven't been for years, it's a mugs game" he responded.

"I'm sure I saw you at Hillsborough a couple of years ago?"

"Oh yeah, I went with our *insert relatives name here* for a laugh i think".

"Weren't you at the play-offs this year too? I saw your Facebook pictures on the pitch against Stevenage."

"Yeah tickets were only a fiver so I thought i'd tek kids to their first game, you know"

(By this time he's finished getting his money and trying to leave)

"Yeah, they need to taste the atmosphere don't they mate. Didn't you go to Wembley as well? *insert name of Blade who ran a bus from Kivo* said you went down with them?"

"Yeah, went down for the day, went on wee wee all day - I knew they'd lose cos they always do"

"Never mind *insert dickheads name*, you might get us in the cup yet".

He walked out muttering "you never know".

For a usually restrained lad, I was quite proud of the conversation.

You should have laughed in the fat feckers face and emptied you drink over his little smelly piglets faces, them grabbed him by the throat and said if he ever came near you again you'd but his little curly piggy tail off and make him eat it :tango: not that I condone violence or anything tho :)

Edited by Blueblood

A couple of years ago when we were relegated we played United near the end of the season, the 'we'll never play you again' game.

After the game an old school mate spotted me at Hillsborough Corner (I say mate - he was actually a fat shuffleer who used to pick on me cos I was a scrawny kid who supported Wednesday - the term 'pick on someone your own size' was invented for this thrower).

He came over with a smug look on his face and screamed in my face "You're going DOWNNNNN", which brought snorts of delights from his Burberry wearing neanderthal mates.

I never forgot that moment, partly because of the foam and spittle that entered my respiratory system, mostly because he was your typical pig - that will have been the only game he went to that season.

Anyway, I know he still lives in the village but I haven't seen him for a while. Until this morning.

On my way to the Post Office, I saw in front of me a bloke, *** in one hand, twin pram in the other, with a 1990's United shirt the one with diamonds instead of stripes) stretching round his rotund gut.

I was willing him into the Post Office as that was where I was headed - and my wish came true.

I got the drink I was after and made sure I alligned myself alongside him at the till - me at the shop counter, him at the Post Office counter.

I was just about to pipe up when he muttered "Can I put this giro in my current account please" to the woman.

Then he turned round and saw me - without saying a word he turned back round and started sifting through the bargain bin full of out of date Monster Munch next to him.

"Looking forward to the new season?" I asked, pointing to his shirt. "Oh ey up mate, haven't seen you for a while - nah i'm not too bothered any more, I haven't been for years, it's a mugs game" he responded.

"I'm sure I saw you at Hillsborough a couple of years ago?"

"Oh yeah, I went with our *insert relatives name here* for a laugh i think".

"Weren't you at the play-offs this year too? I saw your Facebook pictures on the pitch against Stevenage."

"Yeah tickets were only a fiver so I thought i'd tek kids to their first game, you know"

(By this time he's finished getting his money and trying to leave)

"Yeah, they need to taste the atmosphere don't they mate. Didn't you go to Wembley as well? *insert name of Blade who ran a bus from Kivo* said you went down with them?"

"Yeah, went down for the day, went on wee wee all day - I knew they'd lose cos they always do"

"Never mind *insert dickheads name*, you might get us in the cup yet".

He walked out muttering "you never know".

For a usually restrained lad, I was quite proud of the conversation.

Why do I read this and think the story really is edited for effect?

Im guessing you spotted him, absolutely cacked it and ran home crying to make sure nobody had moved your 2002/03 season scrap book.

In all seriousness, well in Kivo! always nice to get one over on them little scrotes!!

Edited by steve_maclean

Why do I read this and think the story really is edited for effect?

In guessing you spotted him, absolutely cacked it and ran home crying to make sure nobody has moved your 2002/03 season scrap book.

In all seriousness, well in Kivo! always nice to get one over on them little scrotes!!

I thought people might think that - when he said the bit about the Giro I genuinely thought I was dreaming.

(maybe there weren't Monster Munch in that bin, but you get the idea)

FUCK

As he was crossing the street I should have put my arm across the pram and said 'Whoa, mind the gap mate"

Opportunity missed.

Ha ha ha that would have been funny. You should have thought of that sooner and just pretended that it had happened lol