Harewood

Guest Gary_Madine

Guest Sniper1

1 Year contract and review in the summer.

Not a bad option, should have got 3 at Donny, quiet against premier League West Brom and Hat trick today against Killie.

Perhaps his fitness is there now and today proved he's got goals in him.

Gets himself into plenty of goalscoring positions which is 80% of the battle.

Well done Marlon Harewood and good luck.

Funnily enough I wondered earlier this evening "If Harewood gets a bagful tonight, will it chage the minds of some people on here?"

Doesn't look that way. I myself don't know but he hasn't done his case any harm tonight. DJ will know his own mind and I trust in what he decides.

Hope not adds very little to what we've got.

If we've got a space come the 31st then offer him a contract.

But we've just got rid of Clinton and it would feel like resigning him.

Like i've said in the Killie thread, CoG and Harewood have scored the same amount as each other. But for me CoG has looked alot more useful.

I seriously don't think we need him.

Guest Sniper1

Like i said a few weeks ago i think Marlon can give us that power option up top, with more goals in him than COG.

I respect everyones opinion but lets chill out on the abuse, he's working hard to get himself a contract to become a part of us.

Lets support the lad.

If he'll accept a contract until the end of 2012 I'd offer him one. I think we'd get a good amount of goals from him in that time.

He'll always get some extreme negativity though. I accept doubts over him, although some can't weigh up the pros as well as the cons when he's brought up.

Like i said a few weeks ago i think Marlon can give us that power option up top, with more goals in him than COG.

I respect everyones opinion but lets chill out on the abuse, he's working hard to get himself a contract to become a part of us.

Lets support the lad.

Totally agree.

That moment when we hit West Brom on the counter summed Harewood up for me.

No one around him and fluffed the attack on half way.

For me he ain't gunna be any use at Championship level without at least another two months of playing week in week out.

You spread that game time over a 1 year deal, where he's a bit part player, and your lucky if he hits any kind of competitive form during the season.

Guest BenSwfc

IMO give him a 1yr contract , tonights game showed hes got goals in him , it dosent matter if it was a poor opposition the goal is the same size ..... A goal scorer is a goal scorer no matter what league ur in.

Marlon Harewood could become a cult figure here at Wednesday.... I would seriously give him a 1 year deal now. You never know he might score some important goals this season and if he does sign and he ends up scoring a 96th minute winner at Leeds or a playoff clinching diving header at Hillsborough or... you get the idea? I'm gonna come on here and bump this thread.

:otsy:

perhaps it's a case of we expected better to be honest(even though that could still happen) whereas we have a trialist as is, that dosent seem to have pulled up any trees for the last few years ,whether DJ signs him or not is down to him but at the moment it seems a bit of a let down , if signed time will tell if it was or could be a good move , we shall see

Guest Sniper1

People keep saying there are better options out there, please name one.

Remember, we needed to pay a decent fee for Michail and will probably need to pay out for another striker and left winger.

Why would Harewood on a free be bad?

Especially if it means we have funds available for other areas of the squad.

Lets support the lad.

Agree mate I think he might offer that something different when plan A isn't working. Also Madine is still learning his trade and might pick up a thing or two from him. I'm not sure what he is like as a person, but he has been around the block and might offer a thing or two in training/dressing room.

Good result tonight and Hatricks aren't that easy to get at any level. UTO not long to go now!