Harewood

Guest Gary_Madine

Guest Sniper1

That moment when we hit West Brom on the counter summed Harewood up for me.

No one around him and fluffed the attack on half way.

For me he ain't gunna be any use at Championship level without at least another two months of playing week in week out.

You spread that game time over a 1 year deal, where he's a bit part player, and your lucky if he hits any kind of competitive form during the season.

I know what you are saying mate but Harewood aint about picking the ball up in his own half and leaving defenders for dead.

How many times did COG do this last season?

They just don't have the pace.

I do think we still need that pace option.

We need a mixed bag up top.

Madine, tall, good in the air and a natural finisher.

Maguire, clever footballer who drops deep and create things.

COG, power house who can hold the ball up.

Harewood, Powerhouse but with goals and experienced at this level and above.

________, explosive pace, sits on the CB shoulder.

Guest intercity0wl

Nice sentiment but if that was true we'd still have meggo and be in league 1.

Not really we support the club, and the clubs decision makers, so seeing as the latter decided to replace meggo we have then to support that decision and the new appointment, no matter how much some (me included) thought it was wrong.

You can't fault him trying, and banging a hat trick regardless of the opposition is good.

He's been brought in on trial and if the management team see enough in him in that trial period then credit to them for doing things the right way.

I'll be one who trusts Jones' judgement. Good luck to the fella and well done for sticking it out and trying.

The amount of stick he's been given has been ridiculous.

If DJ signs him then obviously he thinks he can add something. I personally don't.

On the length of his trial. We had Pecnik for about a week before we signed him. You therefore would've thought we'd have snapped Harewood up by now if he'd had impressed.

I can't help but feel he's a back up plan or he's dependent on CoG moving out.

As for people saying "Who do people think they are? If DJ thinks he's good enough then who are we to question him?"

Although circumstances differ but what did these people feel about Irvine's "Coaching Badges" comments??? Fair enough DJ has worked wonders at S6 so far but this is Football, its all about different opinions, and 99% on here went mental when Irvine said about the badges.

I think compared to Irvine, Jones has got a world more justification in that case. In terms of delusion, Irvine's comment had me thinking of when Jeff Winter thought the stadium was applauding him at the end because it was his last game.

But as a few have said over the summer there's a fine line between trusting the manager for what he's done for us so far and blind faith. I still think he deserves faith from the fans in what he wants to do.

Edited by CB31

Guest Sniper1

You can't fault him trying, and banging a hat trick regardless of the opposition is good.

He's been brought in on trial and if the management team see enough in him in that trial period then credit to them for doing things the right way.

I'll be one who trusts Jones' judgement. Good luck to the fella and well done for sticking it out and trying.

The amount of stick he's been given has been ridiculous.

Sense.

Problem for Harewood is that everyone wants him to be like David Hirst or Kenwyne Jones.

To be fair, we were playing a premiership team on saturday and the ball came to him seldomly, mainly because every time we got into a forward position and JJ got hold of it , he booted it into row z like he does.

He scores goals at this level. He has done it before and he can do it again.

Edited by Beholder

I know what you are saying mate but Harewood aint about picking the ball up in his own half and leaving defenders for dead.

How many times did COG do this last season?

They just don't have the pace.

I do think we still need that pace option.

We need a mixed bag up top.

Madine, tall, good in the air and a natural finisher.

Maguire, clever footballer who drops deep and create things.

COG, power house who can hold the ball up.

Harewood, Powerhouse but with goals and experienced at this level and above.

________, explosive pace, sits on the CB shoulder.

Agree with everything you say there mate. Spot on!

Guest foreverSWFC

Problem for Harewood is that everyone wants him to be like David Hirst or Kenwyne Jones.

To be fair, we were playing a premiership team on saturday and the ball came to him seldomly, mainly because every time we got into a forward position and JJ got hold of it , he booted it into row z like he does.

He scores goals at this level. He has done it before and he can do it again.

Trying to avoid a Harewood argument, but i've been drawn in.

In his prime he scored goals at this level, that was about three or four years ago. People need to understand he isn't the player he once was, he's older now and can no longer perform to such standards. His recent record, to me suggests a player i'd wabt to avoid. Flirting around at various clubs making little impact, a strange move to the Chinese second divison, where he pulled up no trees. It just echoes a bad signing, who will not improve us.

Yes i trust DJ's judgement, but from what i saw at West Brom was a player very much past it, he was very poor. Couldn't win headers, poor decision making, slow when having the chance to accelerate, little involvement on the game. Now well done, fair play he scored a hat trick tonight against a poor Kilmarnock side, he's scored goals and done what he has been asked to do, fair play to him. But i still believe he won't have much of an impact on us next season. Also i believe COG is the better option and if he does sign it will mean COG will be on his way out, which IMO would be a bad move.

He's been here awhile and he's finally done something. If he has impressed DJ then i suspect he'll get a contract, i trust DJ's judgement. But i would be very worried if we were go in to the new season with Harewood being the only striker we will bring in. Dissappointed and concerned.

In his prime he scored goals at this level, that was about three or four years ago. People need to understand he isn't the player he once was, he's older now and can no longer perform to such standards. His recent record, to me suggests a player i'd wabt to avoid. Flirting around at various clubs making little impact, a strange move to the Chinese second divison, where he pulled up no trees. It just echoes a bad signing, who will not improve us.

Yes i trust DJ's judgement, but from what i saw at West Brom was a player very much past it, he was very poor. Couldn't win headers, poor decision making, slow when having the chance to accelerate, little involvement on the game. Now well done, fair play he scored a hat trick tonight against a poor Kilmarnock side, he's scored goals and done what he has been asked to do, fair play to him. But i still believe he won't have much of an impact on us next season. Also i believe COG is the better option and if he does sign it will mean COG will be on his way out, which IMO would be a bad move.

He's been here awhile and he's finally done something. If he has impressed DJ then i suspect he'll get a contract, i trust DJ's judgement. But i would be very worried if we were go in to the new season with Harewood being the only striker we will bring in. Dissappointed and concerned.

Is Maguire not a striker?

Surprised you're not still crying about Lowe

Guest foreverSWFC

Is Maguire not a striker?

What i meant was that Harewood would come in and be the fourth striker. A strikeforce of Maguire, Madine, COG and Harewood is not good enough at Championship level. I'd like us to bring in another stirker, who is not Harewood. Although i think finances will defo come into play.