Mr Joey Barton

Disclaimer: I am just passing on a message. This most likely means nothing, but at the same time I am simply informing you of my 'itk' info.

A friend of mine works for a major gym chain in Sheffield. He says A Mr Joey Barton is due to sign up tomorrow for a gym membership.

I have no guarantees on the reliability of the story other than what I've been told so please don't shoot the messenger.

But.... He's obviously signing. Welcome to Hillsborough Joey!

Would it happen to be Esporta/now Virgin? Saw Madine talking to someone who works there about joining. Didn't make sense to me but suppose if you're living far away from Hillsborough and doing a bit extra/work on your own during pre-season, does add up. Pool, sauna, etc helpful during gruelling pre-season for sore body. Also, he's just had a little one and think the creche is either free or bit extra so maybe just wants some cheap childcare.

Edited by Juror8

whilst I think Barton is a good player and would certainly improve the team, he's too risky to gamble on - not only on the pitch with opposition players winding him up, but he'd be a prize scalp for some knobheed pig up town every weekend

Guest Big Guns

Used to be a decent gym at hillsbourgh,maybe the knew ones like klick have more fanny in them for the players to roger...

Would it happen to be Esporta/now Virgin? Saw Madine talking to someone who works there about joining. Didn't make sense to me but suppose if you're living far away from Hillsborough and doing a bit extra/work on your own during pre-season, does add up. Pool, sauna, etc helpful during gruelling pre-season for sore body. Also, he's just had a little one and think the creche is either free or bit extra so maybe just wants some cheap childcare.

Almost.

Almost.

Virgin on London Rd, which has always been Virgin. Someone tweet him and tell him to join Esporta - only round the corner, better quality, quieter and more yummy mummies. Sure he can afford the extra couple of quid a month.

I wouldn't put it past someone ringing up a gym and booking an appointment to come in and join. "The name? It's Joey Barton" <snigger> Knowing full well the rumour would be on Owlstalk before the end of the day.

I wouldn't put it past someone ringing up a gym and booking an appointment to come in and join. "The name? It's Joey Barton" <snigger> Knowing full well the rumour would be on Owlstalk before the end of the day.

Exactly. It could be just that.

Wouldn't he have free access to the clubs gym?

The OP didn't say anything about it being a paid for membership though, merely signing up for one simply with his moniker.

I hope it's not true though in all honesty as we all know it's not for the right on field reasons and hence why the majority of us don't want him here.