promotion......again

Guest Mexicowl

Wo1ve5 if they keep that team will play you off the pitch. there are no easy points in this league. you should build for a couple of years. If you go up now you're gonna be a little team in a Big stadium you'll get bummed and relegated then it be doom and gloom again

What a load of multi testicles! What would you know about being a little team in a big stadium. You are a little team in a little stadium. You can only dream of being MASSIVE!

What a load of multi testicles! What would you know about being a little team in a big stadium. You are a little team in a little stadium. You can only dream of being MASSIVE!

Last time I was there you'd all gone by half time. MASSIVE indeed :biggrin:

Out of the sides relegated last season, they all had poor starts and were scrapping at the bottom all season.

Doncaster lost 6 and Drew 1 of the first 7

Portsmouth lost 3, Drew 3 and won 1 of their first 7

Coventry lost 4, Drew 2 and won 1 of their first 7

So we need to win 2 of our first 7. Easy. Derby and Birmingham. 6 points after 2 games.

Here's my tenpenneth.

Knowing Milan and Dave Jones as I think I do - I don't think they will be looking for consolidation. I think they will want a crack at promotion this coming season.

Seems improbable? I know, but somehow we will be there or there abouts, come season end.

That is my real expectation.

But your not that attractive as you seem to think Your stadium needs work, The Seals pack Villa Park each week, bigger club than you in every way imaginable. That may sound like a troll, but isn't. They were caught in the dogfight last season. the wage ceiling at ours at the moment is £40k a week, to sustain top level of the championship its 20k roughly. There is no shame in building to make sure you when you get there you stay. Look at Norwich ripped through two leagues had one in the prem and now the Manager's gone and the top players want to leave. Worst case scenario you hardcore numbers 16000 right? You pack Hillsbrough with 23000 plastics who watch your team get bully rammed week in week out. Think of the amount of bellyaching on here. You got promoted kudos and much love, but, even in this league there are teams that will rip you apart. Its HMS P1ss The League syndrome. Consildate then push on.

Can you give baggiehy his phone back please

Can you give baggiehy his phone back please

It really wasn't a knock. just when we went the first time we went up we weren't ready and it was torrid. This about managing expectations back to back would be great. but people posting here are the hardcore. your gates been what 16000? Manchester Owl said something interesting:

Yes we would. Main reason is that we've not been there for ages and we all want to see some proper football fixtures.

Man united

Arsenal

Liverpool

Tottenham

Aston Villa

Chelsea

Man City

Everton

Are all games I personally wouldn't want to miss and that's almost half the league!

The stadium holds what 39000? Where were the extra 23000 when you were playing Yeovil? who will be the first to complain if all of them beat you?

i just don't think you'll be strong enough to do it. think you should push for mid table this year and push on next

It looks like a very tough championship next season - very difficult to predict and as usualt most teams will be capable of beating everybody else

I'd say we're not looking one of the stronger outfits just yet but its hard to say

If i had to put money on it i wouldn't be backing us for promotion - i wouldn't be surprised if we are in and around the play-offs - but neither will i be surprised if we're nearer the bottom of the table either.

It looks like a very tough championship next season - very difficult to predict and as usualt most teams will be capable of beating everybody else

I'd say we're not looking one of the stronger outfits just yet but its hard to say

If i had to put money on it i wouldn't be backing us for promotion - i wouldn't be surprised if we are in and around the play-offs - but neither will i be surprised if we're nearer the bottom of the table either.

The Wolves don't look like they're selling. Blackburn are spaffing huge amounts on wages could either way for them straight back or plummet Bolton are the mire. I think the d1ngle5 and leicester for automatic. then its a roll of the die for third. You'll be okay

Guest hirsty9

Last time I was there you'd all gone by half time. MASSIVE indeed :biggrin:

Get stuffed you thick imitation brummie tvvat

I don't think any sane person thinks that we'll get promoted but this is the first time since we've been relegated from the Premiership that we'll at least "give it a go".

and I for one is flipping buzzzzzzzzzing!

Edited by viva hate

The Wolves don't look like they're selling. Blackburn are spaffing huge amounts on wages could either way for them straight back or plummet Bolton are the mire. I think the d1ngle5 and leicester for automatic. then its a roll of the die for third. You'll be okay

The Dingles and Leicester? Seriously?

I don't think any sane person thinks that we'll get promoted but this is the first time since we've been relegated from the Premiership that we'll at least "give it a go".

and I for one is flipping buzzzzzzzzzing!

^^^^^^^

This, know ones gonna be gutted with this next season if we don't get promoted (unless we do something stupid like blow a 5 point and 2 games in hand gap) and we could realistically finish anywhere between about 4th and 15th.

I would be disappointed if we're in a relegation scrap but I think this season generally should be one to enjoy and see what happens without the pressure of the last few seasons.