promotion......again

Guest Mexicowl

Just thought i'd ask what all you boys thought about us going straight up again this season. Didnt want my first post on here to come across all negative but i just wonder if we're putting too much expectation on replicating what norwich did the past few seasons. obviously we are MASSIVE and deserve to be playing PL football but is promotion a realistic idea? 2 out of the 3 relegated teams still look quite strong (dirty flippingwolves are still gash and an easy 6 points) and charlton werent too shabby, and if udders can keep rhodes/sell him for stupid money and recruit wisely ....theres some good teams in this league and my heads saying its not going to be a stroll in the park. guess i'm gonna go with my heart though and state we will literally walk it, 90 odd points, gaz getting the golden boot and a defence tighter than MM wallet (only joking MM, keep up the good work)

Wo1ve5 if they keep that team will play you off the pitch. there are no easy points in this league. you should build for a couple of years. If you go up now you're gonna be a little team in a Big stadium you'll get bummed and relegated then it be doom and gloom again

Guest Markowl1

I will b ecstatic if we finished between 3-12 happy between 12-18 won't finish lower mm and dj won't allow it if we still have the luck of last year you just never know uto lol

Guest Mexicowl

Wo1ve5 if they keep that team will play you off the pitch. there are no easy points in this league. you should build for a couple of years. If you go up now you're gonna be a little team in a Big stadium you'll get bummed and relegated then it be doom and gloom again

jog on

Guest cypress hill

lived out there for a few years, looking to move back again soon as

where are you at the moment mexicowl

bit missleading, put your propper user name up & change it when you go back

in case your wondering i'm in cypress on a hill

Guest thetruthisoutthere

In my optimistic view we will sign 2 VERY quality players and get another 1 or 2 of similar quality on loan and probably scrape into 5th or 6th place.

From there who knows, we may go up through the playoffs - what a way to go up - The very method that the pigs cannot and regularly bottle it !!! ha ha ha

Guest Mexicowl

where are you at the moment mexicowl

bit missleading, put your propper user name up & change it when you go back

in case your wondering i'm in cypress on a hill

'takingadumpowl' doesnt have the same ring to it. ipad in the crapper, oh yeah, living the dream

Guest cypress hill

'takingadumpowl' doesnt have the same ring to it. ipad in the crapper, oh yeah, living the dream

:biggrin:

Guest We Shall Overcome

Wolves carn't play anyfooker off the park plant pot.

With the squad as it stands i think we'd finish in the bottom 8. Not enough Goals in the team and a lack of strength in depth. If you get off to a poor start in the Championship it can be a long hard season as we all know from previous campaigns. There's alot of Quality in the division. It's hard to see any easy victory's on the fixture list.

I normally agree with you posts but you are completely wrong on this one.

The best thing to happen to Wednesday would be to get promotion this season. Wednesday in the Prem is a whole different ball game my friend. For a start we would become the most attractive investment opportunity in football. Coming to a packed out Hillsborough wont be easy for any team and do you really think we would keep all the same players? We would get Brunt back off you for a start ;-). Remember we have been there before (albeit a long time ago now), with likes of Di Canio, Carbone, Waddle, Walker.

With the squad as it stands i think we'd finish in the bottom 8. Not enough Goals in the team and a lack of strength in depth. If you get off to a poor start in the Championship it can be a long hard season as we all know from previous campaigns. There's alot of Quality in the division. It's hard to see any easy victory's on the fixture list.

You sure about that?

Where did we finish in the season where we lost our first 6 games?

Where did we finish in the season we beat Burnley 4-2 at home in the season opener ? Where did Burnley finish?

Think again?

The best thing to happen to Wednesday would be to get promotion this season. Wednesday in the Prem is a whole different ball game my friend. For a start we would become the most attractive investment opportunity in football. Coming to a packed out Hillsborough wont be easy for any team and do you really think we would keep all the same players? We would get Brunt back off you for a start ;-). Remember we have been there before (albeit a long time ago now), with likes of Di Canio, Carbone, Waddle, Walker.

Would we really pack Hillsborough if we got back to the premier League?, we generally used to average around 26-28,000 when we were there last time.

Would we really pack Hillsborough if we got back to the premier League?, we generally used to average around 26-28,000 when we were there last time.

Yes we would. Main reason is that we've not been there for ages and we all want to see some proper football fixtures.

Man united

Arsenal

Liverpool

Tottenham

Aston Villa

Chelsea

Man City

Everton

Are all games I personally wouldn't want to miss and that's almost half the league!

Edited by Manchester_Owl

You sure about that?

Where did we finish in the season where we lost our first 6 games?

Where did we finish in the season we beat Burnley 4-2 at home in the season opener ? Where did Burnley finish?

Think again?

Out of the sides relegated last season, they all had poor starts and were scrapping at the bottom all season.

Doncaster lost 6 and Drew 1 of the first 7

Portsmouth lost 3, Drew 3 and won 1 of their first 7

Coventry lost 4, Drew 2 and won 1 of their first 7

Out of the sides relegated last season, they all had poor starts and were scrapping at the bottom all season.

Doncaster lost 6 and Drew 1 of the first 7

Portsmouth lost 3, Drew 3 and won 1 of their first 7

Coventry lost 4, Drew 2 and won 1 of their first 7

Fair game.

But I wouldn't put too much weight on that stat. We had a mediocre start last season but got automatic. As we always say it's a long season and anything can happen.

Personally speaking I think the Championship is a poor league. Norwich and Southampton have got back to back and L**ds Brighton and Leicester have all held their own. All those teams coming from the third division.

Edited by Manchester_Owl

But your not that attractive as you seem to think Your stadium needs work, The Seals pack Villa Park each week, bigger club than you in every way imaginable. That may sound like a troll, but isn't. They were caught in the dogfight last season. the wage ceiling at ours at the moment is £40k a week, to sustain top level of the championship its 20k roughly. There is no shame in building to make sure you when you get there you stay. Look at Norwich ripped through two leagues had one in the prem and now the Manager's gone and the top players want to leave. Worst case scenario you hardcore numbers 16000 right? You pack Hillsbrough with 23000 plastics who watch your team get bully rammed week in week out. Think of the amount of bellyaching on here. You got promoted kudos and much love, but, even in this league there are teams that will rip you apart. Its HMS P1ss The League syndrome. Consildate then push on.