promotion......again

Guest Mexicowl

Guest Mexicowl

Just thought i'd ask what all you boys thought about us going straight up again this season. Didnt want my first post on here to come across all negative but i just wonder if we're putting too much expectation on replicating what norwich did the past few seasons. obviously we are MASSIVE and deserve to be playing PL football but is promotion a realistic idea? 2 out of the 3 relegated teams still look quite strong (dirty flippingwolves are still gash and an easy 6 points) and charlton werent too shabby, and if udders can keep rhodes/sell him for stupid money and recruit wisely ....theres some good teams in this league and my heads saying its not going to be a stroll in the park. guess i'm gonna go with my heart though and state we will literally walk it, 90 odd points, gaz getting the golden boot and a defence tighter than MM wallet (only joking MM, keep up the good work)

It's an incredibly strong league and of my top 5 players of last season (Batth, Marshall, Semedo, Antonio and Madine) 3 of them were on loan so can't really see us carrying the momentum forward in the same way as Norwich and Southampton did as a lot of their players were homegrown or had been a nucleus for a couple of seasons.

Obviously I'd like us to get promotion again but in all fairness come the end of the season, if we finished mid table I'd be chuffed!

I don't think anyone can seriously be expecting us to go straight up again, we're just not as strong as Southampton or Norwich were. I still think we have enough to get upper mid table and maybe a sneaky play off place if we get some more quality this Summer or in January. I think January will be very interesting this season

Guest Mexicowl

Unless we bring in 3 or 4 'game winners' we will finish mid table at best

hopefully maguire, amado and pecnik are 3 of these 4. good thing about about them being relatively unknown, no disrespect to them, is that hopefully we wont put too much pressure on them and let them get on with it

Guest intercity0wl

We have brought in some very good additions to the squad so far, a few other clubs have brought some outstanding players into theirs, so as things stand at the moment (but could change) i would say not

Guest Mexicowl

Welcome aboard man, are you in Mexico?

lived out there for a few years, looking to move back again soon as

Guest We Shall Overcome

I think we will go up because Milan wants it so he can make a fortune as Bryan Robson said Sheffield Wednesday in the premier league would be worth £300 hundred million no danger.

Guest srtsrt

I'll be happy if we end up mid table as long as the club and players don't set out to end up mid table. We've got to beleive we can win every match home or away against anyone cos we can.

It's this belief that can get the "less fancied" teams challenging at the top.

I don't think we will go up this year.

Frustrating thing is that this is probably our best chance with the momentum we already have.

Would take investment on the scale that got us into the poo poo to guarantee promotion and nobody wants that.

We could sneak it via the playoffs if we signed a few of the players we have been linked to (Antonio, Norris, Barton).

I think we will go up because Milan wants it so he can make a fortune as Bryan Robson said Sheffield Wednesday in the premier league would be worth £300 hundred million no danger.

Exactly. I expect MM to invest £150m in fees & wages this season then sell us in the summer and double his money.

Easy this football malarkey!

:gary megson:

With the new players being so unknown we probably don't have anymore idea than you. Personally my instinct is telling me that antonio does indeed hold the key between having a good season and a poor one, just how good and how poor remains to be seen. I wouldn't totally rule out automatic promotion but I wouldn't rule out a relegation scrap and another change of management either!

I think, based on what weve got so far that we might be more similar to Brighton...although stopping up in the league would still be an achievement in itself, its going to be tough.

I think if we have genuine ambitions of a double promotion the next few signings will have to be less of a gamble.