Number 22

Guest foreverSWFC

His name is Bastien Hary, he's one of the french SWFC triallists stopping with us here at the Garrison Hotel, his fellow triallist is Plaesir Bahamboula... Bastien looked like a rapid theo or Lennon on the wing at Stocksbridge. Decent.

Google corrects it to Bastien Hery

is this the fella?

30314.jpg

Reading reports from people who were there, most seem to think he was excellent, trickery and pace in abundance Some commented that he faded or was not involved for periods in the game. At this stage, is that important? It seems he has the raw talent on which to build and that is the main thing we should be looking for, especially in a winger

Guest Lawrie Maddens Hump

Reading reports from people who were there, most seem to think he was excellent, trickery and pace in abundance Some commented that he faded or was not involved for periods in the game. At this stage, is that important? It seems he has the raw talent on which to build and that is the main thing we should be looking for, especially in a winger

We were playing Stocksbridge Park Steels!

Now, whilst I wasn't there to witness his performance and thus pass comment, I think we should wait until he comes up against better opposition before people start hailing him as some kind of wonder-kid.

Edited by Lawrie Maddens Hump

He certainly seemed comfortable on the ball, and was good with both feet.

Not sure why all the excitement.

He didn't look anything sparkling to me. Looked OK, not afraid to run at people but didn't do too much with it.

That's not being critical of the lad by the way, just think there's quite a bit of OTT'ness here

He didn't look anything sparkling to me. Looked OK, not afraid to run at people but didn't do too much with it.

That's not being critical of the lad by the way, just think there's quite a bit of OTT'ness here

So we have our own Walcott?

Could live with that.

He looked decent for a young lad but you're right. Anyone would think we've got the next messi on our hands!

OTT? He looked excellent. I even sent a text asking who he was. The reply said Oliver.

Guest Nilsson_is_God

I dont no if people will recall my post regarding Heri Bastion. He played against Dinno, and I referred to him as "Gary" because he looked exactly like the immigrant from the OFAH episode lol.

Bully referred to him as " the hairy french kid".

I think Parry Grant, Lavery look promising, and Cameron Dawson has shown promising signs.

Tariq+Larousi+(Nabil+Elouahabi).jpg

OTT? He looked excellent. I even sent a text asking who he was. The reply said Oliver.

I personally didn't think he looked excellent myself, just OK.

As I say, not being critical of the lad, that's what these games are for, but other than not being afraid to run at people, he seemed to lose the ball quite a bit

We were playing Stocksbridge Park Steels!

Now, whilst I wasn't there to witness his performance and thus pass comment, I think we should wait until he comes up against better opposition before people start hailing him as some kind of wonder-kid.

Didn't Francis say something along similar lines about another frenchman we had on trial? :ph34r: