15 Years Ago Today... Celtic get set to bring Regi blinker in from Sheff Weds in a swap deal with Pa

Guest Distraught!

This must be the follow up to the Waddle/Deane "debate".

That is to say, there is no debate.

Di Canio was far better than Blinker.

Blinker was hit and miss, little end product.

Di canio was a bit of a genius. Can't believe it was 15 years ago, I remember him posing with a frozen pizza on the back of the star.

Before that, we welcomed carbone with a man in a pavarroti suit.

Guest lamort

Who's the modern day equivalent of Di Canio we can sign today ...?

Balotelli maybe? Italian genius with questionable temprament - maybe in a swap deal for Mike Jones!

Edited by lamort

One reason I wish I was a bit older, used to see Di Canio and carbone on TV but didn't get a season ticket until I was old enough to go with friends at 12. Wish I could have seen them two and been old enough to appreciate their talent.

Guest RicketyOwl

Didn't Regi Blinker bang in 2 goals in his 1st game? Also had his hair pulled by Ian Wright. Big Ron called Di Canio "the Volcano" - from a long and dusty beer hazy memory

15 years ago hey, hmmmmm

Guest Owl of Reading

if this were in the context of a horse race, Di Canio would just be crossing the finishing line whilst Blinker was still in the stalls weeing around with his blinkers, they shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence, unless the sentence involved the words 'genius' and 'mediocre'

What DJ Mortimer said too, Di Canio was one of the best football players I've ever seen, one of the reason I very much dislike Wilson was the way he treated him after Paul Alcock.

Apparently Alcock still has nightmares about being pushed over lol.

Didn't Regi Blinker bang in 2 goals in his 1st game? Also had his hair pulled by Ian Wright. Big Ron called Di Canio "the Volcano" - from a long and dusty beer hazy memory

15 years ago hey, hmmmmm

I was there at Villa park that night Only remember his first goal, opposite the holt end. Driubbled his way in from left along goal line, one of those where you were expecting the cross then surprised to see the ball in the net.