OFFICIAL - Anthony Gardner signs

After a 6 page thread mourning his loss on the Palarse forum, now the confirmation has filtered through he's left, it's come to this -

Gardner heads to Hillsborough

Good riddens to a greedy f***er... Dicks us around last season, injured & unfit for the first part of the season. Finally played middle of November and was clearly our best central defender and then gets injured again and we concede a bucket load of goals and fall down the table.

Dougie sort out our defence, have a word with Paddy and finish higher up the table than Wednesday please!!

�

Typical reaction by your general brainless footy fans.

Player is great, let's keep him

Player leaves, he's suddenly crap.

Do you really think clubs 'screw them over' - i don't. I think the likes of walker, staton, giddins are just local presenters who think they're journos but arn't. They like the adulation of fans 'following' them, and risk looking tvats

Walkers been used to clinch the deal, and made to look a bit daft on the way. That kind of screwed. Swings and roundabouts

Good signing for me. Judging by the feedback from Palace fans if we manage 30 games out of him I'll be happy.

Gardner is a great leader and apparently brings out the best In his centre half partner. Hopefully he do wonders for Beevers as we expected from Purse.

Guest foreverSWFC

So then,

Is he still an egotistical, over ambitious, money grabbing crock?

lol Foreveranowl 1-0 Rest of Owlstalk

Not fickle ey??

So then,

Not fickle ey??

So then,

Not fickle ey??

I'm sure you deserve your moment of glory but you really ought to stop thinking that a few people posting their individual opinions is the same as 'Rest of Owlstalk'. Owlstalk is not a single entity. It's a collection of individuals with their own opinions.

Foreveranowl 1-0 The individual poster's who said bad things against Mr. Gardner :biggrin:

Anthony Gardner's Career record

Port Vale

Apps 45

Goals 4

Tottenham Hotspur

Apps 144

Goals 3

Everton

Apps 0

Goals 0

Hull City

Apps 35

Goals 0

Crystal Palace

Apps 62

Goals 2

England U'21

Apps 1

Goal 0

England

Apps 1

Goal 0

Welcome to Hillsborough and good luck Anthony Gardner.

Guest foreverSWFC

I'm sure you deserve your moment of glory but you really ought to stop thinking that a few people posting their individual opinions is the same as 'Rest of Owlstalk'. Owlstalk is not a single entity. It's a collection of individuals with their own opinions.

Foreveranowl 1-0 The individual poster's who said bad things against Mr. Gardner :biggrin:

lol

Guest Sniper1

Having read the thread in question, not many posters actually slag off Gardner, a couple are pished off with the rumour of China but nothing that bad.

Not enough for people to start back tracking.

Nothing like the Dave Jones threads. gary megson

Guest JonTheOwl66

Having read the thread in question, not many posters actually slag off Gardner, a couple are pished off with the rumour of China but nothing that bad.

Not enough for people to start back tracking.

Nothing like the Dave Jones threads. gary megson

:laugh: :laugh:

Oh dear, Sniper just mentioned the Dave Jones threads.

I don't quite follow the comment from DJ (I assume) on the swfc site - "It has taken a little longer than anticipated because of circumstances - he was away when I was away and vice versa but I kept in contact with him throughout that time".

So, according to that, they were both on holiday at the same time and both not on holiday at the same time - so what was the hold up?

Amazing how quick he decided to make up his mind to sign when it was reported that we were looking elsewhere lol

I welcome AG to S6 and in DJ we trust, but I stand by what I said yesterday, the lad has got class but I'm very very concerned about his age and his fitness, according to Palace fans he could not play two games in a week, but hope he turns out good but lets not kid ourselves here, we all know our record with aging football crocks!