OFFICIAL - Anthony Gardner signs

How does Paul Walker command a wage?

Can somebody pay me to lie on Twitter?

Good to know Paul Walker's sources are as good as JonTheOwl's

lol

Walker sources reliable as ever then lol

Don't get the RS baiting. Their 'source' is the club, DJ, PA or someone in their comms team.

They tell them some things on the record they can publish. They get told some things off the record they infer. Sometimes, like here, they use them to put some pressure on the agent/player.

They are just communicating what the club tell them, so why all the aggro?

Guest JonTheOwl66

Don't get the RS baiting. Their 'source' is the club, DJ, PA or someone in their comms team.

They tell them some things on the record they can publish. They get told some things off the record they infer. Sometimes, like here, they use them to put some pressure on the agent/player.

I think the club were just taking the wee wee out of Radio Sheffield

Sorry, I'm sure my comment offended him so much

Get a grip

If that's true, then its lazy journalism. In fact local media has been poor for some time basically lifting web based rumours and spinning them as their own. Internet has pretty much distroyed local media, unless you're James Shield :tango:

If that's true, then its lazy journalism. In fact local media has been poor for some time basically lifting web based rumours and spinning them as their own. Internet has pretty much distroyed local media, unless you're James Shield :tango:

Why is it? The get badgered on Twitter 24/7 for transfer news from Wednesday fans. They give what people ask for (what they are told by SWFC). Not a great deal more they can do. Although I agree, someone at the club has had Walkers pants down this time.

Good signing who sounds like he still has the hunger and desire to play at the highest level and we as a club and our manager/chairman have convinced him that is our desire.

A big well done to Dave Jones so far this summer with two young highly rated fullbacks and two ex england internationals who both still have plenty of years left in them if they stay injury free.

This coupled with the players Jones wanted to retain resigning is great news.

More to come, as i can see antonio being impressed with our recruitment and signing soon.

Why is it? The get badgered on Twitter 24/7 for transfer news from Wednesday fans. They give what people ask for (what they are told by SWFC). Not a great deal more they can do. Although I agree, someone at the club has had Walkers pants down this time.

How it goes though, screw them over one week, give them a scoop the next.

Happy we don't have to waste time lining up another deal. Get Maguire wrapped up and sort out midfield.

Guest JonTheOwl66

just read he recently had a grade one hamstring tear that does worry me

Do you mean a Grade 3 one.

After a 6 page thread mourning his loss on the Palarse forum, now the confirmation has filtered through he's left, it's come to this -

Gardner heads to Hillsborough

Good riddens to a greedy f***er... Dicks us around last season, injured & unfit for the first part of the season. Finally played middle of November and was clearly our best central defender and then gets injured again and we concede a bucket load of goals and fall down the table.

Dougie sort out our defence, have a word with Paddy and finish higher up the table than Wednesday please!!

I hope he's sacked his agent if thats where the problem was. As for ability no questions on that however I am still worried we may have brought in a player who will be out for longer than he will be available. Only time will tell, welcome to the Massive Anthony.

How it goes though, screw them over one week, give them a scoop the next.

Happy we don't have to waste time lining up another deal. Get Maguire wrapped up and sort out midfield.

Do you really think clubs 'screw them over' - i don't. I think the likes of walker, staton, giddins are just local presenters who think they're journos but arn't. They like the adulation of fans 'following' them, and risk looking tvats